Media Websites

BBC Store

arriving soon (October 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WH
Whataday Founding member
Not if BBC Shop offered the best deal, which it often did on many new releases.

Can you not marry that fact with the fact they're closing it as it's not commercially viable, and come to a sensible conclusion?
BA
bilky asko
I constantly forgot that it existed. I've only bought stuff from there on the advice of spin-off chatroom administrators.

Then again, I have only bought one BBC series on DVD, and that was from Zavvi for £5. Should I need any more, I'll look at CeX or on HotUKDeals.
LL
London Lite Founding member
In the whole time the BBC Shop has been open, I've purchased two boxsets. Spiral and Call the Midwife.

Other BBC boxsets I've largely purchased from shops or Amazon.
BA
Bail Moderator
Seems there has been some demand at the shop since the closure was announced:

BBC Shop Email posted:
Dear Customer,

We're contacting you with regards to your recent BBC Shop order(s) listed below:

We have experienced unprecedented demand over the last few days and as a result many of our product lines have gone out of stock very quickly. Unfortunately, this means we are unable to fulfill some of the items in your order.

We are currently working through the order cancellations and refunding customers (in cases where payment has already been taken), however this will not be completed until around Wednesday 16th March.
LL
I think that's down to the cuts on the remaining stock. There was also a recent 25% off day just before the closure was announced.

EDIT: Some titles are up to 80% off. Managed to get Doctor Foster for £5.99 and Sherlock Series 3 for £6.
Last edited by London Lite on 10 March 2016 8:17pm
LL
Oh well, my order for Doctor Foster has been cancelled.

15 days later

LL
Larry the Loafer
DV
DVB Cornwall
Good offer following that Spoof, Use code JUSTKIDDING until Monday evening to get a single purchase from the BBC Store at half-price.

33 days later

DV
DVB Cornwall
Connected TV Access is in the final stages of testing, long overdue.

107 days later

DV
DVB Cornwall
Have a hunch that closing the 'iPlayer Loophole' has put a spanner in the Connected TV access of Store content. How? If you've bought content on the Store, you're free to use as and how you want. Having to have a licence to access a method of playing this content seems to be a little controversial. I suspect that we'll need to wait for stand-alone apps, whenever that'll happen I don't know.

16 days later

PI
picard
I just bought some stuff on the BBC store, the picture is cropped badly. Text is cut off etc. How hard can it be, don't they watch it to make sure it is ok, shoddy, Its watchable.
Last edited by picard on 3 September 2016 4:46pm - 2 times in total
JA
JAS84
4:3 programme presented in 16:9?

Newer posts