TV Home Forum

Sky Refresh

New presentation (April 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
FO
fodg09
Sky press release on the rebrands,

https://corporate.sky.com/media-centre/news-page/2016/sky_launches_a_major_new_rebrand_for_its_entertainment_channels?e=email-alerts
VM
VMPhil
Not much to say on these really, they do the job and I like the transitions between trailers and idents. Nothing particularly outstanding though.
:-(
A former member
Not much to say on these really, they do the job and I like the transitions between trailers and idents. Nothing particularly outstanding though.

And the blue '1' is a latter-day version of the yellow '2'. Not original really.
JA
Jake
They look like they were designed to spite SD viewers.
JF
JetixFann450
I like how they gave the 1 a personality like BBC did with their 2. A rebrand to these channels were way to overdue.
ST
Stuart
I'm certainly liking the Sky Atlantic idents. I wonder whether these will become pan-European?

The Sky1 idents certainly have potential, and it was time they changed the old VM lettering on Sky Living.

A welcome refresh. Thumbs up
NW
nwtv2003
It seems they've ditched the annoying glass graphics for the in programme next captions, for something so much more basic and thankfully less annoying on screen.

Shame Sky Atlantic has lost its great soundtrack, but a rebrand is long due and the visuals are stunning.
AG
AxG
More info and videos from at http://www.designweek.co.uk/sky-rebrands-entertainment-channels/
WL
W1LL
Not sure if this is the right thread for this but it was the best I could find;

Watching an advert for Hyundai on Sky One I noticed that at the end it listed the local Hyundai dealerships in the same way that the old ITV regions used to do. I highly doubt it was national as it listed only two dealerships, both in Yorkshire which makes me wonder how they managed to do this given how, as far as I know, the channel isn't split into advertising region like Channel 4 or Channel 5 is or was.
JF
JetixFann450

Watching an advert for Hyundai on Sky One I noticed that at the end it listed the local Hyundai dealerships in the same way that the old ITV regions used to do. I highly doubt it was national as it listed only two dealerships, both in Yorkshire which makes me wonder how they managed to do this given how, as far as I know, the channel isn't split into advertising region like Channel 4 or Channel 5 is or was.

Thats called AdSmart. It basically checks your location, or changes an advert.
tmorgan96, Stuart and W1LL gave kudos
MR
mromega

Thats called AdSmart. It basically checks your location, or changes an advert.

To take it further, the advert is stored on your Sky+ box and synced up to play in the place of another advert.

Sky also have PromoSmart which can do the same for Promo's, even down to Street level.

If you want to opt out there is an option on the Sky website.
AG
AxG
https://www.skyadsmart.co.uk/about-skyadsmart/

Newer posts