The Newsroom

Sky News: Presenters & Rotas

Chat about Sky News Presenters and Rotas Here (July 2010)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SK
Skygeek
Sky News are advertising for a Health Correspondent, is Thomas Moore leaving?

In the 27 years since I've been watching Sky News I can only recollect two, Thomas and Nicola Hill.

No, Thomas' brief (as it has been anyway in combination with his Health work) will soon be solely Science, hence the need for a new Health Corr - the idea being to push forward on both fronts in terms of reporting.
LL
London Lite Founding member
Tom Macleod is presenting the overnight shift.
BB
bbcfan2014

Pretty good. Seemed to have more authority than some of the recent additions on news and especially, business
SO
SOC

Pretty good. Seemed to have more authority than some of the recent additions on news and especially, business

Bit harsh
EM
EastMediaWatcher
Sophy Ridge is presenting at 5pm last few days covering for JT

Very surprised that they have not gone with a senior presenter on that shift, even if it meant shuffling a few people around, don't think she is ready for such a big shift right now and whilst she's not doing awful on the death of Prince right now, she's not ready for it.
LL
Sophy has covered overnights and Sky News Tonight. She's better than Sam Naz and Claudia-Liza Armah who have recently been on the graveyard shift.
EM
EastMediaWatcher
Would be better if they still had Jannat Jalil.
LL
Would be better if they still had Jannat Jalil.

Jannat when she covered the Paris terrorist attacks was in the right place at the right time to cover that incident. Sophy Ridge was also in Brussels covering Cameron's visit to the EU when the Brussels attacks happened.
LL
Will Sky still put their new debate show on at 8pm or continue with breaking news?
EM
EastMediaWatcher
I wasn't talking about Jannat based on that alone, I was talking about based on her overall contribution to Sky News.

I don't think she's been on since the time she was in Paris.
WA
watchingtv
Cordelia Lynch reporting from the US as Sky US Corespondent.
SK
Skygeek
Cordelia Lynch reporting from the US as Sky US Corespondent.

... as she has since roughly the turn of the year.

Newer posts