Media Websites

The Ident Gallery : Presentation to Watch

Latest: Really and Quest (January 2010)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DV
dvboy
It actually replaced More>Movies.

It's actually replaced Movie Mix which is the name More>Movies goes by on Freeview.
:-(
A former member
More>Movies has gone from satellite and Movie Mix is still on Freeview so I'm not sure of the point you are making.
LT
LTSC1980
In case of Movie Mix......they changed presentation again on 2015.
A former member
Indeed, and I've been capturing it over the past week. The idents are quite nice, though not really movie-themed. Will put them up over the weekend.

10 days later

A former member
Following the latest price increase for a Sky tv subscription - which has now taken it above the £500 per year mark - I can no longer justify spending the money on a service which I don't actually watch. So as from May, The Ident Gallery will only carry presentation updates for free-to-view services on Freeview and Satellite. All premium channels' presentation has been moved into 'Archive', with the Sky channels remaining in its own group.
Brekkie and London Lite gave kudos
A former member
Crumbs, you made me wonder if I should relook at what being spent in my house hold for Sky. No one can blame you for trying to cut costs. What doesn't help, is sky makes you pay extra for HD channels. Did you ask sky about any offers going? there sometimes give people discounts for staying. I manged to cut a good amount of money the last time I spoke with sky, That included internet etc.
A former member
It's not that I was after a discount, my partner and I just don't watch the premium channels. Granted, we will miss the HD versions of ITV2-4, E4 and Dave, but that's about it. Obviously the website will take the biggest hit, but of the costs associated with running it, the hosting is the cheapest (£25/yr) and Sky the most expensive. I can take a decent holiday for that £500!
A former member
If you check Teletext you might get two holidays for that price Wink This is what it boils down to, why pay for something you just dont use. I remember when you used to get the whole lot from sky for £30 a month, and then the bundles come in and sport and movies were split off and the cost just started getting out of control. I've just notice Sky trying to give people + free 32” LG TV, Samsung Galaxy Tab E or £100 reward plus one year free broadband. if there sign up.

I;ve always wonder if there another way to get HD channels without sky or cable. I think I need to phone them back up to see if any deals are going again.

11 days later

A former member
Ok, so I've said bye to Sky... but have gone for BT TV, so keeping the majority of the premium channels that people may actually watch.

I'd rather pay the £14/month for all the UKTV channels, plus ComCen, History, SyFy, Discovery etc, rather than £43/m for the extra Sky 1, Atlantic, Arts and hundreds of channels of crud which I'd never look at.
CO
Colorband
No more Sky channel updates, then?
Guess not; shame, I guess I'll have to go to TV Live to see it. That is, if Rob doesn't say "That's it" too... which he hasn't... yet.
A former member
Afraid so. I did wait for the brand refresh to happen first, but that's it for now.
BR
Brekkie
Ok, so I've said bye to Sky... but have gone for BT TV, so keeping the majority of the premium channels that people may actually watch.

I'd rather pay the £14/month for all the UKTV channels, plus ComCen, History, SyFy, Discovery etc, rather than £43/m for the extra Sky 1, Atlantic, Arts and hundreds of channels of crud which I'd never look at.

And if you really wanted them you could get the main Sky channels through Now TV, which I think is still £6.99 a month - so still half the price of what you were paying.

Newer posts