International News Presentation: Past and Present

(February 2007)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WW
WW Update
And the short newscast immediately preceding Guten Morgen Österreich at 6 a.m.:

CN
CNA
Don't know if this has been posted before, but the similarities between Malaysia's Nasional 8 Newscast and tve's telediario are uncanny to say the least:

RTM Malaysia's Nasional 8:

tve's Telediario:
bilky asko, NYTV and WW Update gave kudos
ED
EDCanada
Global News in Canada has tweaked its news graphics this week. The biggest change, however, is the newscast names are out. No more Morning News/News Hour Final etc. It's now "Global News at (time)". The morning shows are now called "Global News Morning", except in Toronto where it is still called "The Morning Show". Global stations with hour-long newscasts at 6 PM have the long-winded "Global News Hour at 6" title.

And just for comparison, the old news openers...
Mouseboy33 and WW Update gave kudos
WW
WW Update
SRF, Switzerland (German); 10 vor 10, 2016:

CN
CNA
So South Korea just held their Legislative Elections for 2016. Here's a compilation of the newscasts from various channels.

State-owned KBS:

Above: Nightly News cast at 9pm including channel ident.

MBC

SBS

MBN

JTBC:

bilky asko, WW Update and NYTV gave kudos
WW
WW Update
The Ecuador earthquake as it struck Teleamazonas live on the air:

GM
Gary McEwan
MBC is quite simply...WOW! Not to sure about the robotic arms though. Good to hear the old MBC Newsdesk music as well.
WO
Worzel
Thought some might find this interesting...

https://www.mosart.me/index.php?action=news&news=71

Quote:
NRK in Norway just turned the anchor into a Viz Mosart operator

There's no need to say that anymore, because in the Norwegian region of Østfold just southeast of the capital Oslo, NRK got rid of the Viz Mosart operator and now lets the anchor trigger everything herself with a control panel for Viz Mosart.

NRK Østfold broadcasts local news inserts twice a day on Norway's public service channel. Once in the morning (13,5 minutes) and once in the evening (5 minutes).

NRK has the most Viz Mosart installations in the world with one in every region, besides on the national news.

The new workflow has been introduced along with a new studio, and in the beginning there will be extra staff standing by if something fails.

Kathrine Brønn presented the first newscast, triggering Viz Mosart with her left arm as you can see in the picture.

No director has been fired because of this, but it will free up time they can use for something else. - There isn't one technician in this house, who wasn't excited about this project. Yesterday, a technician working for NRK for 40 years said 'Think of the possibilities!', Kathrine Brønn told NRK's website.
CI
cityprod
That is very interesting. Makes me wonder if self-operation is going to return to television production on the scale even that we saw in the late 1980s.
MQ
Mr Q
You can watch a bulletin from NRK Østfold here Arrow.
RK
Rkolsen
Mr Q posted:
You can watch a bulletin from NRK Østfold here Arrow.

I assume he's using Mosart now. I assume you saw his hand pressing a button ever so subtle. I wonder whose operating the prompter - is he doing it with a foot pedal?
That is very interesting. Makes me wonder if self-operation is going to return to television production on the scale even that we saw in the late 1980s.

There were self operated television before?
NG
noggin Founding member

There were self operated television before?

Yes - it was routine in the 80s and 90s for short daytime in-vision regional news bulletins on the BBC to be self-op by the presenter using a custom 'presentation' desk which did sound and vision mixing. (You'd hear the tell-tale ker-klunk of the buttons sometimes)

Most regions used it with still stores only, but Leeds used to run in VTs too. The pres desks and studios were used for the original Breakfast Time regional opts (some of which were entirely in-vision) to allow them to run with minimal staffing. (Usually presenter, producer, engineer - though some regions had a prompt operator)

The presenter had buttons to select their camera, network incoming, a still store, superimpose an aston name super, fade up their mic over the top of other audio etc. They listened to network talkback to hear the opt-called (and the network director had to be aware that 10+ presenters were listening to them throughout the opt)

Mosart self-op is a LOT easier...
bilky asko, Steve in Pudsey and London Lite gave kudos

Newer posts