TV Home Forum

New look CBBC

Split from CBBC Channel (March 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Josh
They mentioned something about something happening on Monday that included a picture of a large fake apple and a backdrop of the mountains...

I wonder.
MT
MrTBear
They mentioned something about something happening on Monday that included a picture of a large fake apple and a backdrop of the mountains...

I wonder.

I don't know what that's all about, but I think it has something to do with a guest appearing from one of their new Canadian imports.
JO
Josh

I wonder.

I don't know what that's all about, but I think it has something to do with a guest appearing from one of their new Canadian imports.

I know the cast from the Lost and Found are coming in on Monday but how it relates to that, i'm not sure.
TC
TCOTV

Lovely ad. Best the logo has looked! Still not sure about the new look but like the ad. Good to see the main logo out of a box to!
DB
dbl
Nice promo

Edit, seems they have some non-CBBC HQ links between the shows.
Last edited by dbl on 11 April 2016 7:59pm
TC
TCOTV
The channel ended like it did at 7pm with the book bed ident.

Then there was a slide saying we are resting. Like was show a few pages back. It comes and goes onscreen in different colours and places. Bit of a colour clash. Not great!

Luckily about a min later they starting showing the CBBC loop like they do from 5am.

Bye bye carm music. 😂

Still think CBBC could go onto 10pm and aim up to 15 but hey.

Edit: loop last about 3-5 mins. Gets boring. Should also have a dog like BBC3 did when the moved online. Saying we are resting for shows check iplayer out. Then done like a better preview loop. Should have been neater. Mind you if CBBC is going to time share with RB then no point.
Last edited by TCOTV on 11 April 2016 9:15pm
JO
Jonny
Gorgeous promo. And that's also the primary logo lock-up they should have settled for, infinitely superior in allowing prominence for the interesting new "C" design whilst treating the BBC logo with due respect.
NE
Neil__
TCOTV posted:
Edit: loop last about 3-5 mins. Gets boring.

You realise it's aimed at people who are flicking through channels, not as something to sit and watch?
TC
TCOTV
TCOTV posted:
Edit: loop last about 3-5 mins. Gets boring.

You realise it's aimed at people who are flicking through channels, not as something to sit and watch?

I was trying to get at like a pre-rec preview show. The loop is just a waste. Never mind Rolling Eyes
HJ
HJL
That advert just aired on BBC 1 and it's amazing. Is it Paloma Faith giving the narration? Really like the end board. Looks smart and clever. Really impressive.
HB
HarryB
That advert just aired on BBC 1 and it's amazing. Is it Paloma Faith giving the narration? Really like the end board. Looks smart and clever. Really impressive.

TCOTV posted:

Even the tweet with the advert says its Paloma Faith...
HJ
HJL
Oh sorry I didn't see that. People on here are so touchy. Relax.

Newer posts