Media Websites

TV Forum

(October 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
GM
Gary McEwan
Bail posted:
I can't believe this post is from a forum moderator. You can't just warn people or ban them because their posts were reported by other members, you need to have a reason to do it otherwise I could just go around reporting the posts of any member I decide I don't like and automatically get them banned.

You also appear to be under the assumption that you have an entitlement to post. Causing undue annoyance to our members is perfectly reasonable reason to disable your account, one you are very very close to making happen. You've been warned, messaged privately and publicly now. Perhaps stick to reading posts for a while, get a better idea of the type of discussion this is encouraged here.

How is that a reason? How's anyone supposed to adjust their behaviour to not annoy if they are not deliberately trying to annoy?

Besides, my problem is not with whether or not there's a fair reason to recently warn someone but that there's no effort made to say why in the PM you have been warned and which of the forum rules the post was supposed to have broken.

This in itself is a reason. Dummy...Thrown...Out...Pram.

Build a bridge and move on from it...
SomeRandomStuff and Bail gave kudos
DB
DalekBChannel523
Bail posted:
You also appear to be under the assumption that you have an entitlement to post. Causing undue annoyance to our members is perfectly reasonable reason to disable your account, one you are very very close to making happen. You've been warned, messaged privately and publicly now. Perhaps stick to reading posts for a while, get a better idea of the type of discussion this is encouraged here.

How is that a reason? How's anyone supposed to adjust their behaviour to not annoy if they are not deliberately trying to annoy?

Besides, my problem is not with whether or not there's a fair reason to recently warn someone but that there's no effort made to say why in the PM you have been warned and which of the forum rules the post was supposed to have broken.

This in itself is a reason. Dummy...Thrown...Out...Pram.

Build a bridge and move on from it...

I'm just saying, they can't expect anyone to adjust their behaviour if they're not given a reason why their behaviour breaks rules.
BA
Bail Moderator
You're right, they shouldn't be trusted. I'd leave whilst I still could if I were you.
DB
DalekBChannel523
Bail posted:
You're right, they shouldn't be trusted. I'd leave whilst I still could if I were you.

I'd tell people why they're 'recently warned' in the PM that gives the post if I was you. Name the rule that was broken and how. I don't appreciate being labelled as 'recently warned' without knowing exactly how I was supposed to have broken any rules.
BA
bilky asko
Bail posted:

I'd tell people why they're 'recently warned' in the PM that gives the post if I was you. Name the rule that was broken and how. I don't appreciate being labelled as 'recently warned' without knowing exactly how I was supposed to have broken any rules.

Quote:
Contributions must be civil and tasteful

Posts should not divert the natural flow of a topic, taking it significantly off-topic.
DB
DalekBChannel523
Bail posted:

Quote:

Posts should not divert the natural flow of a topic, taking it significantly off-topic.

You're not a mod. The point is the moderators should say how and why the post broke whatever the rule was it broke.
LL
London Lite Founding member
Tick tock.....
LL
Larry the Loafer
You're not a mod. The point is the moderators should say how and why the post broke whatever the rule was it broke.

If somebody tells you you're breaking the law, do you tell them "you're not a policeman"?

I'm grinning at the irony that it's being inferred Dalek's been warned for taking threads off topic, while he's taking this thread in the very same way.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member

Can I respectfully suggest you've had your say, you've pissed and moaned for a bit, there's only so much of this one can do before a) it becomes irritating, and b) it starts looking petty. I suggest it's probably time to drop it.

Failing that, goodbye, thanks for coming, appreciate your input, the exit's over there -> just past the vending machine.
:-(
A former member
Why not PM the mods or send an message and ask them directly instead off listing of post etc. There might be more willing to help you via the back door.
MA
Maaixuew

Quote:

You're pushing your luck mate!
News96, London Lite and Rory gave kudos
DB
DalekBChannel523

If somebody tells you you're breaking the law, do you tell them "you're not a policeman"?

No, I would laugh it off and say I wasn't breaking the law because I didn't do anything to break it.
Why not PM the mods or send an message and ask them directly instead off listing of post etc. .

It should be up to the Mods to tell me in the same PM, it shouldn't be up to me to contact them to find out why.

Newer posts