TV Home Forum

New look CBBC

Split from CBBC Channel (March 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
Plus the fact that Hacker calls his viewers "cockers" Oh by the way, the newspaper meant the hacker, not the actual presenter. If it was Hacker T Dog, he wouldn't be on TV right now.

Cue Brian Conley: "It's a Puppet!"
The day Hacker T Dog actually does things on his own we may as well start calling him Chucky.
DB
dbl
I'm surprised that Hacker is still allowed on CBBC, following his court appearance last week (as this article from the Evening Standard proves):

Deary me... Wink
Lou Scannon and Hatton Cross gave kudos

11 days later

DB
dbl
Utilising the 'Newsround' side of the studio, very barco TC9.

http://i65.tinypic.com/21cv98x.jpg

http://i63.tinypic.com/b5lf6h.jpg
TC
TCOTV
iPlayer guide is listing programs form next Monday (11th) as mentioned before but this confirms it. I expect to see a promo this week. Maybe as early as today!

BBC holding screen still showing on CBBC.

I think CBBC should aim (like other channel in it's category) at 6-15 and finish at 10pm. They could use content from the radio 1 iPlayer. Like Live Lounge and Gaming show etc.
JA
JAS84
If they're broadcasting that logo on loop overnight there's no reason not to go 24 hour. Run retro stuff at night for adults (shows from 20 to 30 years ago, perhaps complete with an 80s or 90s ident). It could all be automated playout and wouldn't cost much since it would all be repeats.
HB
HarryB
Also noting, Newsround uses two presenters a weekday. One on the two morning bulletins and another for the afternoon bulletin. All 3 of todays bulletins have been presented by Ricky.
IS
Inspector Sands
JAS84 posted:
If they're broadcasting that logo on loop overnight there's no reason not to go 24 hour. Run retro stuff at night for adults (shows from 20 to 30 years ago, perhaps complete with an 80s or 90s ident). It could all be automated playout and wouldn't cost much since it would all be repeats.

It would still cost though, which a Barker or caption doesn't. Plus it would have to be agreed by the BBC Trust

'Automated playout' is the norm by the way, it's not as if it would be any cheaper than normal
DV
dvboy
The stream is going to be used for extra Red Button content after 9pm.
IS
Inspector Sands
dvboy posted:
The stream is going to be used for extra Red Button content after 9pm.

I assumed that's what they would do with the airtime but I haven't seen it announced anywhere
JA
JAS84
That's because it isn't true. Didn't they already announce that Red Button was getting the chop?
ST
steveboswell
I don't think there's been an official announcement yet, but a new stream called BBC RB0 has appeared on Freeview, so it looks more than likely.
JO
Josh
That BBC holding slide could be replaced with this slide (courtesy of http://www.underconsideration.com/brandnew/archives/new_logo_and_on_air_look_for_cbbc_by_red_bee.php#.VwKVB_krKUk)

also, found this breakdown slide from the same site

The breakdown slide looks quite bland personally..

Newer posts