TV Home Forum

This Morning

New look and a brand new set - Moving to TVC Studio 3 on 16th April 2018 (August 2014)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WH
Whataday Founding member
Poor Holly gets nothing but slated in the press.

She does struggle with serious items on This Morning though, to the point where it is sometimes cringeworthy.
LL
London Lite Founding member

She does struggle with serious items on This Morning though, to the point where it is sometimes cringeworthy.

And there's the issue I've always had with Holly. As a light entertainment presenter, fine. But you wouldn't expect these issues with Ruth Langsford if she was presenting.
MR
mr_vivian

And there's the issue I've always had with Holly. As a light entertainment presenter, fine. But you wouldn't expect these issues with Ruth Langsford if she was presenting.

Apart from the time Ruth accidentally swore live off camera but her mic was still on xD

9 days later

JB
JasonB
From their Facebook page today:

"Such sad news- our friend and colleague Denise Robertson has lost her short but determined battle against cancer. Full tribute at 10.30.
Please share your memories of her here. We are working on a special programme reflecting her work and achievements including many of your messages of condolence."
MF
MatthewFirth
Woah? Don't tell me this is real.......

We're still recovering from Ronnie Corbett, and this hasn't been publicised yet?

EDIT: OK, it's true: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35941395

God damn this has been another tough week. Certainly this will be the toughest day in This Morning's history. Godspeed Denise, the best agony aunt anyone could have.....
RD
RDJ
Such sad news. Who is presenting today? It's a Half Term Friday so it could be anyone. I'd be surprised if we don't get tributes from Philip, Holly, Richard, Judy and Dr Chris Steele even if over the phone.
UB
UBox
I'm not 100% sure but I seem to recall them saying it was Rylan and Ruth all week. Such sad news again, we've lost so many great people recently
RO
rob Founding member
UBox posted:
I'm not 100% sure but I seem to recall them saying it was Rylan and Ruth all week. Such sad news again, we've lost so many great people recently

PE
permotio
Very pleased Eamonn is returning today. A tribute show with Rylan wouldn't feel right.
RD
RDJ
Very pleased Eamonn is returning today. A tribute show with Rylan wouldn't feel right.

Eamonn is not officially back but pointing out he was interrupting his sick leave due to the news. They learnt the news yesterday.
BA
bazinga
This morning paying a very fitting tribute to Denise this morning. Such sad news, rest well.
PE
permotio
Rylan has taken over from Eamonn now.

Time to turn off

Lovely Denise tributes this morning.

Newer posts