TV Home Forum

Ronnie Corbett Dies Aged 85

(March 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
LB
Long bottom
All these legends are leaving us, and there is no one to take their place.
MF
MatthewFirth
I'm calling this the celebrity death crisis. It started with Bowie in January, does anyone work out how many victims there has been since?

It's a shame Ronnie's gone, but at least it's peacefully. Godspeed R. Corbett, hope there's a Two Ronnies revival up there.
NI
Nicky
Terribly sad news indeed. Very thankful though that both Ronnies left us with genuine comedy gold. Had forgotten all about Small Talk until I saw it mentioned here! I used to love watching it as a child.

I'm calling this the celebrity death crisis. It started with Bowie in January, does anyone work out how many victims there has been since?

Oh do grow up.
DB
dbl
Dreadful news! Sad
JA
JAS84

It's a shame Ronnie's gone, but at least it's peacefully. Godspeed R. Corbett, hope there's a Two Ronnies revival up there.
A lot.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deaths_in_January_2016
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deaths_in_February_2016
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deaths_in_March_2016
CA
Cavan
No, because I don't think anybody would take your pseudo-conspiratorial ramblings seriously enough to do something so ludicrous. That is morbid.
MI
Michael
Aaron Ramsay is injured.
TV
TVMan
RIP. The one show tonight is an excellent tribute and BBC Two have 'The Many Faces of Ronnie Corbett' at 8pm
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
Cavan posted:
No, because I don't think anybody would take your pseudo-conspiratorial ramblings seriously enough to do something so ludicrous.

Indeed. I'm sure if you look at any calendar year in the last twenty years or so they will reveal a whole host of big names that died in that year. 2016 just happens to be the year some big names left us and they've all gone in the first three months of the year.

Unfortunately death is one of those things that happens to us all regardless of whether you appeared on the telly or went down the mines. Nothing and nobody is immortal. Unless you're a jellyfish, at least one species of jellyfish is known to be immortal...
MF
MatthewFirth
Hmmm, but in the past it's been like every 2-4 weeks maybe once a month, now it's every single day.

With all this negativity going on ATM, this could get worse.
LL
Larry the Loafer
To whoever it was who claimed VM finally switched to a dynamic EPG, they're not doing a very good job in regards to the schedule change on BBC Two.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
TVMan posted:
RIP. The one show tonight is an excellent tribute

I was waiting for a car crash with Fearne Cotton and Adil Ray hosting, who with no disrespect are not the first people you would think of to host such a tribute/obit, but I thought they handled it pretty well. Helped by having excellent guests, of course - I'm sure Barry Cryer could have done an hour of anecdotes on his own.

Newer posts