TV Home Forum

No Good Morning Britain due to fire

Split from Good Morning Britain - 2015 Refresh/Tweaks (March 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Actually Steve makes a good point about it being a Bank Holiday, GMTV would have been wall to wall cartoons, so does the license require a normal-ish format today?

Obviously you would hope Ofcom would look kindly on the circumstances of there was any complaint etc, but hypothetically...
SW
Steve Williams
Actually Steve makes a good point about it being a Bank Holiday, GMTV would have been wall to wall cartoons, so does the license require a normal-ish format today?

Obviously you would hope Ofcom would look kindly on the circumstances of there was any complaint etc, but hypothetically...

I'm pretty sure ITV, and ITV Breakfast, are already exceeding the quotas of news and current affairs they're obliged to produce by some distance. As you say, it used to be just cartoons on a Bank Holiday and they were far more heavily regulated in those days. Also as well, it would be ridiculous to argue they had to do a specific format even if it was physically impossible. If you do crap, inaccurate news because it's been cobbled together it'd be worse than no news at all.
AE
AlexEdohHD13
During Bank Holidays like today, Shouldn't ITV Breakfast be showing CITV (or cartoons).
OK, Here are my suggestions:
6.00am News, Sport and Weather
6.10-9.25am Kids Programmes (CITV) - With News Bulletins and Weather every half hour.
A bit like GMTV's format in the old days.
AN
Andrew Founding member
There will obviously be many factors at work in deciding what to show on bank holidays, but I doubt the licence requirements have anything to do with it, they don't sail that close to the limit either here or on ITV (Network)
During Bank Holidays like today, Shouldn't ITV Breakfast be showing CITV (or cartoons).
OK, Here are my suggestions:
6.00am News, Sport and Weather
6.10-9.25am Kids Programmes (CITV) - With News Bulletins and Weather every half hour.
A bit like GMTV's format in the old days.

A schedule that is from the pre digital era, when the main terrestrials had to cater for everyone all the time, and viewers would wait around for the next bit aimed at them. These days that schedule would be a nonsense. Nobody except the GMB thread regulars would tune in for those news bulletins.
JA
james-2001
Yay fantasy schedules, cos they aren't the least bit mundane and we don't get enough of them...
DB
dbl
Oh god, no more fantasy schedules/rotas... Just when this thread about GMB was actually interesting....
:-(
A former member
Strangely with GMTV back when it first started, ( no doubt because STV had shares in the company) It used to produce a spilt service for viewers during Scottish or English school holidays.
JA
james-2001
dbl posted:
Oh god, no more fantasy schedules/rotas... Just when this thread about GMB was actually interesting....

That can't be allowed for too long on TV Forum, it has to be brought back down Wink
RS
Rob_Schneider
Strangely with GMTV back when it first started, ( no doubt because STV had shares in the company) It used to produce a spilt service for viewers during Scottish or English school holidays.

That I never knew. But it's a good point. I know on the August bank holiday (which doesn't apply in Scotland?) Global Radio have covered the daytime networking with local shows for Scotland.

Newer posts