TV Home Forum

No Good Morning Britain due to fire

Split from Good Morning Britain - 2015 Refresh/Tweaks (March 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
LL
Larry the Loafer
They probably don't want to draw attention to the fact that something's wrong.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Was there not a "this is recorded" super? That would surely imply "something has gone wrong"?
NE
newsman1
Lucky for them that it happened on a bank holiday I suppose. Don't reckon they'll make it back in and on air by 8:30, unless it's just a quick 'Hello, this is what happened, sorry'

I don't think that Good Friday is technically a bank holiday.
DV
dvboy
Lucky for them that it happened on a bank holiday I suppose. Don't reckon they'll make it back in and on air by 8:30, unless it's just a quick 'Hello, this is what happened, sorry'

https://www.gov.uk/bank-holidays
SC
Si-Co

BRB. Off to Barclays.
BB
bbcfan2014
It used to be so rare to have to play out a 'bomb tape'. Didn't GMTV do it once in its final years, and was noticeably ancient?
CA
Cando
Good morning Britain is Trending on twitter at the moment.

And???
VM
VMPhil
It used to be so rare to have to play out a 'bomb tape'. Didn't GMTV do it once in its final years, and was noticeably ancient?

Back in 2009, indeed an old one from before the final revamp and before Fiona Phillips had left

RD
rdd Founding member
Seemingly UTV Ireland didn't air the pre-recorded Lorraine this morning. Not sure why they wouldn't have been able to.
DV
dvboy
Not sure but they also appear to have GMB scheduled from 6am instead of 7am in their listings.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Possibly due to the confusion with getting Lorraine to air. Sounds like it was touch and go whether it would get on air until the last minute. Wonder if the planned standby was something UTV Ireland didn't have rights for so they did their own thing and didn't get the message that Lorraine was good to go until it was too late?
VM
VMPhil
Another GMB thread is just what TV Forum needs.

Hm? This is actually interesting though… rather have this split into its own topic than in a topic I will never read

Newer posts