TV Home Forum

Happy 15th Birthday TV Forum

(March 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WH
Whataday Founding member
A flock of very old members take a collective gasp as they realise just how old TV Forum is.

Surely it isn't possible for something as new fangled as a website to be 15 years old?!

It's a birthday I never forget, because its the same date as my own. This year is a particular milestone for me because it marks the point at which TV Forum has been around for half my lifetime.

Thank you to Asa for 15 years of hard work in sustaining the site, and putting up with everything including the financial cost, battles with hosting companies and the occasional threat of legal action. As much as I despair at some of the posts here at times, I have always been grateful to escape here when real life hasn't been so great.

Happy Birthday TV Forum, and here's to the next 15 years!
HC
Hatton Cross
I can't be that far behind you, in years hanging around here.

Happy Birthday TVF!
DE
deejay
As another forum member who joined 'before 2003', may I wish the forum and those that run it a very happy birthday.
BR
Brekkie
Happy Birthday to you both.
Rory, London Lite and Hatton Cross gave kudos
MF
MatthewFirth
A very happy birthday, I'm only sorry it has to fall on this sad day, but I hope you're having a good one anyway.
AG
AxG
Happy birthday to TV Forum, I've spent too many minutes, hours, days on this site. I haven't been here from the start, but this year will mark my 10th year in using this magnificent site. Very Happy
MA
madmusician
A very happy birthday to TVF. It's very odd to think that I'll soon be coming up to my 10th anniversary of visiting this site (I don't know precisely when it was, as I registered in June 2006, but read along for a while before that). Something that has been a constant and large part of my life through many different periods (school, a gap-year job, university and now two jobs since I graduated). Huge thanks to Asa and the rest of the team. Smile
BH
BillyH Founding member
It simply feels impossible, and somewhat scary, that I've been posting on an internet forum - something I still consider a fairly new innovation - for fifteen years of my life. Back in 2001, fifteen years ago was 1986 - a year that, even then, felt like a lifetime ago. In contrast 2001 was just the other week, wasn't it?

I'm not one of the most prolific posters on this site, and christ I posted a lot of bollocks here back when I was twelve - it's still slightly cringeworthy to read my posts on the 9/11 thread as I ramble on about "The Simpsons" as everyone else is discussing a major tragedy - but it's still a brilliant forum to read and contribute to, huge congrats to Asa and all the mods for continuing to run it for all this time.

It won't be too long before we have people posting here who weren't born when the forum started, indeed I wouldn't be surprised if we already do!
BR
Brekkie
It simply feels impossible, and somewhat scary, that I've been posting on an internet forum - something I still consider a fairly new innovation - for fifteen years of my life. Back in 2001, fifteen years ago was 1986 - a year that, even then, felt like a lifetime ago. In contrast 2001 was just the other week, wasn't it?

So agree with that.
IT
IndigoTucker
I've been here from pretty much the start.... God time flies.
Thanks to Asa - I remember when we all got excited when he was interviewed on liquid news.
And the characters over the years, who can forget poor Lee Bedward, amongst many others.
Long may TV Forum reign.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
I'm not one of the most prolific posters on this site, and christ I posted a lot of bollocks here back when I was twelve - it's still slightly cringeworthy to read my posts on the 9/11 thread as I ramble on about "The Simpsons" as everyone else is discussing a major tragedy - but it's still a brilliant forum to read and contribute to, huge congrats to Asa and all the mods for continuing to run it for all this time.

Some people (not you though Billy Smile) post "a load of bollocks" here as adults. Which make your posts at twelve incredibly mature Very Happy

Happy Birthday TV Forum Smile Dunno how long exactly I've been here, but I have a "before Jan 2003" tag so at least 13 years.
CO
Colorband
Happy birthday, TVF. I've no right to celebrate really - I've only been here for at least one year. But happy birthday anyways, TVF! You've been a good forum thing.

Newer posts