« Topics
12345
cat2,491 posts since 4 Jan 2003
Quote:
Quote: from I Hate HTV West on 10:17 pm on July 22, 2001[br

Oh for Christ's sake 'sunshine' weather thread ... get the joke?? Hello??

and critisise anything that isn't beeb? Did I not say I like Lisa Burke and Sarah Moore?? Are you not listening?? Am I getting through here??

Do you not think priase where praise is due?

Chesh, I'm getting tired of some of your comments quite frankly ... most of the time you post really honest and decent stuff, but you write the most amazing crap sometimes.

I know full well I may not be right 100% of the time. I also accept other people's opinions - but when someone like you basically who cannot accept he's either wrong, or that someone else (oh my God) might ACTUALLY prefer News 24 to bloody Sky News then ... well ... that's your failing.

My failing? Red rag to a bull.

Believe me, if I want to patronise you, or insult you, you'll know when I do it.



Your sense of humour has obviously bypassed me, what a shame.

I do get sick of the ill informed comments on this forum and do my upmost to correct them, albeit at the expense of people liking me.
I can perfectly accept people liking News 24, although it strikes me as odd.
But it does annoy me when people go out of their way to insult Sky News, just because they like News 24.
This is normally because they have never seen Sky News in their entire life.
I don't like Sky being treated as something you might get stuck to your shoe, and will maintain that view until the majority of people in this forum stop thinking the BBC is God and everything else isn't even worth spitting on.


(Edited by cheshirec at 1:16 am on July 25, 2001)
Isonstine2,498 posts since 28 Mar 2001
I agree with you there Chesh.

Many people don't like Sky News purely because they like the BBC. It is possible to like both you know! I certainly do.

Also, I think its very unfair to pass judgement on Sky News at the moment, they are slap bang in the middle of a relaunch, and they are not going to be at their best.

Just you wait until September 3rd, then you can pass judgement, because you'll be able to see them operating at 'full power' again, so to speak. Smile
I Hate HTV West0 post since 11 Jun 2001
cheshirec posted:
Quote:
Quote: from I Hate HTV West on 10:17 pm on July 22, 2001[br

Oh for Christ's sake 'sunshine' weather thread ... get the joke?? Hello??

and critisise anything that isn't beeb? Did I not say I like Lisa Burke and Sarah Moore?? Are you not listening?? Am I getting through here??

Do you not think priase where praise is due?

Chesh, I'm getting tired of some of your comments quite frankly ... most of the time you post really honest and decent stuff, but you write the most amazing crap sometimes.

I know full well I may not be right 100% of the time. I also accept other people's opinions - but when someone like you basically who cannot accept he's either wrong, or that someone else (oh my God) might ACTUALLY prefer News 24 to bloody Sky News then ... well ... that's your failing.

My failing? Red rag to a bull.

Believe me, if I want to patronise you, or insult you, you'll know when I do it.



Your sense of humour has obviously bypassed me, what a shame.

I do get sick of the ill informed comments on this forum and do my upmost to correct them, albeit at the expense of people liking me.
I can perfectly accept people liking News 24, although it strikes me as odd.
But it does annoy me when people go out of their way to insult Sky News, just because they like News 24.
This is normally because they have never seen Sky News in their entire life.
I don't like Sky being treated as something you might get stuck to your shoe, and will maintain that view until the majority of people in this forum stop thinking the BBC is God and everything else isn't even worth spitting on.


(Edited by cheshirec at 1:16 am on July 25, 2001)



Ummm ... right. You're idea of an 'ill informed' comment is basically anyone who doesn't agree with you.

And Isonstine - my arguement wasn't against Sky News - rather Francis Wilson. Weather (har) they are in the middle of a relaunch or not, I personally (I'm probably wrong, eh) think he's terrible.

Now, I've said that, I expect Chesh will tell me I'm wrong again.

I'm beginning to think this is a members only thing. No outsiders. Grumble.

You guys could do well to be NICE to me considering information I COULD leak to you. So far I haven't because I really don't feel like I actually get a welcome here - and several people seem to go out of their way to p**s me off.

I could have told you about the Sky News relaunch week before it was here.

I could tell you about the rehearals they're doing.

I could get you lots of pictures of stuff you would NEVER in a million years see ...

I COULD answer many a question.

Quite frankly, I'm not sure I'm gonna.
cat2,491 posts since 4 Jan 2003
I Hate HTV West posted:
cheshirec posted:
Quote:
Quote: from I Hate HTV West on 10:17 pm on July 22, 2001[br

Oh for Christ's sake 'sunshine' weather thread ... get the joke?? Hello??

and critisise anything that isn't beeb? Did I not say I like Lisa Burke and Sarah Moore?? Are you not listening?? Am I getting through here??

Do you not think priase where praise is due?

Chesh, I'm getting tired of some of your comments quite frankly ... most of the time you post really honest and decent stuff, but you write the most amazing crap sometimes.

I know full well I may not be right 100% of the time. I also accept other people's opinions - but when someone like you basically who cannot accept he's either wrong, or that someone else (oh my God) might ACTUALLY prefer News 24 to bloody Sky News then ... well ... that's your failing.

My failing? Red rag to a bull.

Believe me, if I want to patronise you, or insult you, you'll know when I do it.



Your sense of humour has obviously bypassed me, what a shame.

I do get sick of the ill informed comments on this forum and do my upmost to correct them, albeit at the expense of people liking me.
I can perfectly accept people liking News 24, although it strikes me as odd.
But it does annoy me when people go out of their way to insult Sky News, just because they like News 24.
This is normally because they have never seen Sky News in their entire life.
I don't like Sky being treated as something you might get stuck to your shoe, and will maintain that view until the majority of people in this forum stop thinking the BBC is God and everything else isn't even worth spitting on.


(Edited by cheshirec at 1:16 am on July 25, 2001)



Ummm ... right. You're idea of an 'ill informed' comment is basically anyone who doesn't agree with you.

And Isonstine - my arguement wasn't against Sky News - rather Francis Wilson. Weather (har) they are in the middle of a relaunch or not, I personally (I'm probably wrong, eh) think he's terrible.

Now, I've said that, I expect Chesh will tell me I'm wrong again.

I'm beginning to think this is a members only thing. No outsiders. Grumble.

You guys could do well to be NICE to me considering information I COULD leak to you. So far I haven't because I really don't feel like I actually get a welcome here - and several people seem to go out of their way to p**s me off.

I could have told you about the Sky News relaunch week before it was here.

I could tell you about the rehearals they're doing.

I could get you lots of pictures of stuff you would NEVER in a million years see ...

I COULD answer many a question.

Quite frankly, I'm not sure I'm gonna.


No, but I do consider an ill informed comment to be someone saying a presenter is above working for Sky. That Francis Wilson is a crap presenter etc etc.
As if Sky are trash, which is not the case.

To be honest, we've heard so much utter cak about this relaunch I honestly couldn't care less about anyone who claims to have 'inside information', especially when they don't work for Sky.

We've already had people telling us all about this relaunch only for all of it to be complete rubbish.
If you're just going to be petty about it and come and flash photos around then do it somewhere else.
My idea of a forum is somewhere where people talk and share info etc.
If you could have told us about the relaunch 'a week before it was here' then wonderful, i'll go and write your flippin' biography, you're such a great bloke.
If you can get photos that are genuine then wonderful. But you clearly don't respect members of this forum enough to share them.
Square Eyes7,146 posts since 31 Mar 2001
Yes you're right a forum is a place where people talk and share information, but it's also a place for freedom of expression and members shouldn't feel that by expressing an opinion that they will be shot down in flames, insulted or considered to be 'ill-informed'. Yes by all means correct people if they are factually incorrect, but if I say 'I don't think Francis Wilson is a good presenter' that is my opinion. But it is the height of arrogance to suggest that you are correct and I am wrong. If you consider my thoughts to be ill-considered or ill-informed that is your opinion. And for the record I don't dislike Sky because I like News 24, I am grown up enough to make an opinion about both services and I know which I prefer and know how I like my delivery of news, it is a matter of personal choice.

(Edited by square eyes at 8:58 pm on July 25, 2001)
I Hate HTV West0 post since 11 Jun 2001
Quote:

No, but I do consider an ill informed comment to be someone saying a presenter is above working for Sky. That Francis Wilson is a crap presenter etc etc.
As if Sky are trash, which is not the case.

To be honest, we've heard so much utter cak about this relaunch I honestly couldn't care less about anyone who claims to have 'inside information', especially when they don't work for Sky.

We've already had people telling us all about this relaunch only for all of it to be complete rubbish.
If you're just going to be petty about it and come and flash photos around then do it somewhere else.
My idea of a forum is somewhere where people talk and share info etc.
If you could have told us about the relaunch 'a week before it was here' then wonderful, i'll go and write your flippin' biography, you're such a great bloke.
If you can get photos that are genuine then wonderful. But you clearly don't respect members of this forum enough to share them.


RIGHT ...

I never said anything like Wilson was 'above' working for Sky - get your facts straight.

If I think that Wilson is a 'crap' presenter, then I have the right to say so. It is not an ill informed comment, merely a personal opinion which I have the right to express without you saying I am wrong. I am only wrong in YOUR eyes - no-one elses.

As to the relaunch and 'inside information', one of my best friends happens to hold a highly ranked position with Sky News. I spoke to him only today. If you're so petty and mean minded that you don't want to hear what I know then your loss.

I am not 'flashing' anything around, neither would I. I pointed out what you lot missed out on because of your pettyness.

The only reason I have not posted any is because I do not respect YOU. There's a few others, but at least they had the decency to actual debate with me, and not just say I'm wrong because my opinion somehow differed with their own.

Neither did I leak any information I had because of YOU.

The idea of a forum is, yes, to debate and discuss and share information. But that should be done in a friendly and amicable manner - none of which you display. Ever.

I've not seen such arrogance on the internet for a long, long time - and I've been using it since its infancy ...
cat2,491 posts since 4 Jan 2003
I never said anything about you saying people were above Sky.
But there are certain members of this forum who come on and make sweeping statements, i'm not saying you, but there are people who do.

'Frances Wilson is the worst. He is so layed back that he just doesn't seem interested in what he is saying. The Sky News weather graphics are awful, and so is his hair. '

SE, that is very much your opinion. But you didn't state that once. Just generalising and saying he's the 'worst' is only your opinion.
You may well be grown up enough to make an informed decision, but rather a lot of people in this forum are not.

I Hate HTV, don't try and send me down the guilt trip road.
There are plenty of other forums where you could have flashed your info about, but you've chosen not to.
I honestly don't care about your pictures. There are other members of this forum you could have send the pictures to directly, but you chose not to do so.
My aim in life isn't to run around praising everyone, nor should it be.
If you don't like my manner then that's just your problem, and you can keep it that way.
I've suffered worse insults that being told i'm rude, arrogant and unfriendly.
It matters very little to me what you think about my personality. I'm not trying to make friends in this forum, i'm not sure i'd even want to.
I'm expressing my views and if you don't like the way in which I do that then don't read them and save me a lot of hassle in doing so.

I too have been using the internet for a long time and I can happily say i've never before come across a forum where I have recieved so many personal insults, not insults to do with the quality of my opinions.



(Edited by cheshirec at 10:23 pm on July 25, 2001)
I Hate HTV West0 post since 11 Jun 2001
Frances Wilson is the worst. He is so layed back that he just doesn't seem interested in what he is saying. The Sky News weather graphics are awful, and so is his hair. '


>>> Yup, I said that. And I stand by it. I'm not wrong. I may not be right. But YOU have no right to say I'm wrong there



I Hate HTV, don't try and send me down the guilt trip road.

>> Wouldn't dare.

There are plenty of other forums where you could have flashed your info about, but you've chosen not to.

>> Uh huh. Well, I was ENJOYING this one until I ran into you.


I honestly don't care about your pictures. There are other members of this forum you could have send the pictures to directly, but you chose not to do so.

>> Maybe. Almost have done several times, until I came into a bout of Cheshire-related apathy.


My aim in life isn't to run around praising everyone, nor should it be.
If you don't like my manner then that's just your problem, and you can keep it that way.

>> Why should I? It's not just me either. I've had quite a lot of people messaging me personally saying you do it to them as well. I'm not going to keep it to myself -- I'm making a stand for those who don't dare try.


I'm not trying to make friends in this forum, i'm not sure i'd even want to.
I'm expressing my views and if you don't like the way in which I do that then don't read them and save me a lot of hassle in doing so.

>> Well with over 1500 posts, I expect you are trying to make friends. Although, that's just my personal opinion.


I too have been using the internet for a long time and I can happily say i've never before come across a forum where I have recieved so many personal insults, not insults to do with the quality of my opinions.

>> You may well ask yourself why.
cat2,491 posts since 4 Jan 2003
Oddly, i've heard all this before.
I've left this forum once and only came back because I recieved an overwhelming amount of emails and messages asking me to do so.

You did not say that, Square Eyes said that.

I've heard all about these mystery messeges to people, yet never had any examples posted to me.

I'm not trying to make friends in this forum, regardless of how many posts i've made.
I may well have made more posts in this forum that anyone else, this is simply because of the fact that there are plenty of things for me to correct.
I Hate HTV West0 post since 11 Jun 2001
cheshirec posted:
Oddly, i've heard all this before.
I've left this forum once and only came back because I recieved an overwhelming amount of emails and messages asking me to do so.

You did not say that, Square Eyes said that.

I've heard all about these mystery messeges to people, yet never had any examples posted to me.

I'm not trying to make friends in this forum, regardless of how many posts i've made.
I may well have made more posts in this forum that anyone else, this is simply because of the fact that there are plenty of things for me to correct.



I'm not asking you to leave, Chesh!

I'm just asking you to at least think about what you're saying before you say it.

Just the fact that you say 'there are plenty of things for me to correct' shows the kind of attitude you have.

You do make plenty of excellent comments, but equally you make lots that rile me, and quite a few others. Can you not just step back and think about maybe letting someone else get a word in edge ways, or actually get their opinion in without fear of effectivly being 'flamed'?

I can cope with the manorism just fine - but the 'I'm always right' attitude I think a lot of people could do without.

I would post some of the messages I've been sent, but I don't think the people who sent them to me would appritiate it - and I expect that's the reason you've not seen any of them yet.
cat2,491 posts since 4 Jan 2003
Oh now here's an idea!
Now TV Home has its very own democracy system, i.e. the polls. And considering all of the negativity that normally surrounds me..
Perhaps we could have a poll about whether I should remain in this forum or not!
If, after 1 week, the majority is telling me to go, I will do so!
Would that help you to put your life back together?
So, who's going to start the thread?