Yes, I've been slipping in a last bunch of mostly festive updates to the site just in time for Christmas this past week or so.
* Some special retro tweaked idents that popped up on E4 a few weeks ago to promote the launch of their newest US import Timeless
* Bill Steel providing In Vision continuity for Tyne Tees on Boxing Day 1992
* A bunch of festive adverts from the same year, from arty ads for British Airways to less arty ones for the News of the World
Teletext - Out with the old, In with the New
* A series of new additions to the teletext on the site, covering the closing days of the Oracle service, and the early months of the new Teletext on 3 service.
* There are Oracle sequences from December 24th and 26th 1992, with various editorial members of staff wishing people festive greetings in between many of them signing off for a final time. And there's a lot of reminiscing about the history of television during 'The Oracle Years'.
* There are also two sequences from early and late February 1993 from Teletext on 3, with a further update from March 1993 to follow soon. The first 3 months of the new service saw a lot of changes and experimenting, with separate sequences of pages only shown at various times of the day such as evening primetime or late night for adults. As well as services more associated with Channel 4 like Bamboozled and Digitiser seeing their debut on the third button service instead. Oh... and don't forget that ITV Plus ancillary service in the 600s, which will definitely, certainly, without a doubt be launching very soon... just as soon as the ITV companies agree on a name!
All of them can be easily found from this page - https://www.tvwhirl.co.uk/site/latest-updates/
And with that all that remains is to wish you a Merry Christmas from everyone on the TV Whirl team. Which pretty much means me by the way!
Last edited by tesandco on 24 December 2016 10:24pm - 2 times in total
ChrisPBacon and rob gave kudos