TV Home Forum

The X Factor 2016

(March 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BO
Bongo
Saying that, although not music related, do Family Fortunes or Splash really fit the Radio X image? I agree Vernon would be a good choice. But would be better with Dermot.
JA
JAS84
Caroline out too but not Olly from what I gather.

Not sure who I'd bring in as host apart from bringing back Dermot. Cowell was so careless there.
I thought Olly only agreed to do it on condition that Caroline could be his co-host? I get the feeling he'll quit too, and focus on his music instead.
FA
fanoftv
After the year that he's had surely Rylan would be a good shout for presenter.
EJ
EJNutz

Please no
PA
PATV Scunthorpe

Please no

Every show would probably start like this.
LL
Larry the Loafer
He's been doing so well having nothing to do with TXF. Can't we keep it that way?

Bongo posted:
Saying that, although not music related, do Family Fortunes or Splash really fit the Radio X image? I agree Vernon would be a good choice. But would be better with Dermot.

Splash is long gone and I think FF is still on some sort of hiatus, so I don't think he needs to worry about that.
:-(
A former member
To be honest, Rylan as a presenter is brilliant. Absolute natural, and comes across as a thoroughly decent bloke too.
BR
Brekkie
All about the right format though - I suspect The X Factor is far too rigid a format to suit him.

Holly Willoughby wouldn't be a bad bet - history with the show and of hosting similar shows and suspect Cowell would quite like to sign her up before ITV are tempted to put her back on The Voice, and I think The X Factor would be a much better fit for her anyway.
LL
Larry the Loafer
Cat Deeley? Mainly for her track record of telling an audience to "shut the f*** up"... Wink
JA
JAS84
Apparently Olly is gone.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/6946778/Olly-Murs-quits-The-X-Factor-to-put-his-music-career-first.html
CW
Charlie Wells Moderator
Quote:
Olly Murs and Caroline Flack have quit as a co-presenters of The X Factor after just one season, as the changes come thick and fast at the Simon Cowell talent show.

Full article: http://www.theguardian.com/media/2016/feb/22/x-factor-olly-murs-nick-grimshaw-caroline-flack

As per Grimshaw it's being spun as "the duo have taken the decision to leave", when I suspect in reality it was a case of 'leave with dignity or be sacked'. As many predicted last year they appear to be fiddling with the bits that didn't necessarily need changing, rather than (so far) focussing on aspects of the format which do need addressing.
TA
TellyAddict
Emma Willis and Dermot O'Leary are favourite to replace Olly Murs and Caroline Flack. #XFactor

Newer posts