TV Home Forum

The Sport Thread

(January 2006)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
ST
Ste Founding member
Odd that Spanish TV are taking English feed, given that there is a Spanish feed available on ESPN Deportes.

The NFL Media feed is also provided with clean audio, so likely using their own commentators.

Yes that is correct they have their own commentary and also a secondary option for English commentary too.
MI
Michael
BBC seem to have access to clean replays.
AN
Ant
Seems to be a few problems with the BBC's feed from the NFL Network. Picture and sound are breaking up.
VM
VMPhil
Are either of them broadcasting 5.1 surround sound?
MI
Michael
Not at this time of night.
RD
rdd Founding member
Some other interesting things: CBS have introduced a new graphics package, like a lot of packages these days flat. Scorebar at bottom of screen. I don't get why you'd introduce new graphics in the final, but there you go.

And longtime NFL on Sky Sports host Kevin Cadle is nowhere to be seen, with Dara Kennedy, who filled in for Cadle towards the end of the regular season anchoring.
BR
Brekkie
I guess they had the option - Seven in Australia began with the NFL feed but switched to CBS before half time.
RK
Rkolsen
If anyone's interesting here's a brief video of the SS CBS OB broadcast unit showing the three trailers:

Here's a link to the specs of the truck:
TL
Toby Lerone
Some very unexpected rights news;
The BBC will broadcast PDC Darts for the first time, the inaugural Champions League of Darts featuring the top 8 in the PDC Order of Merit will be broadcast on BBC Two on the 24th-25th September 2016 live from Cardiff

See more at: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/darts/35532372
PF
PFML84
rdd posted:
And longtime NFL on Sky Sports host Kevin Cadle is nowhere to be seen, with Dara Kennedy, who filled in for Cadle towards the end of the regular season anchoring.
I can't stand Cadle, (or Reynolds for that matter) so I watched the BBC's broadcast this year. He is a terrible presenter and Dara is much better. She should be offered the role permanently.
HC
Hatton Cross
Some very unexpected rights news;
The BBC will broadcast PDC Darts for the first time, the inaugural Champions League of Darts featuring the top 8 in the PDC Order of Merit will be broadcast on BBC Two on the 24th-25th September 2016 live from Cardiff

See more at: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/darts/35532372

Shocked
BBC Sport in new event rights award shocker! Wonder if this is Hearn gifting them the rights rather than handing it to Sky Sports or ITV4 which are the two current PDC outlets.
TL
Toby Lerone
Shocked
BBC Sport in new event rights award shocker! Wonder if this is Hearn gifting them the rights rather than handing it to Sky Sports or ITV4 which are the two current PDC outlets.

Would love to see this do well and BBC get another few tournaments like the UK Open or Grand Slam but they are tied up with ITV and Sky at the minute.

As for the PDC Order of Merit which could change by the time of the tournament the top 8 at present is;
1. Michael van Gerwen (Won World Masters 2006 on BBC, last appeared on BBC in 2007 BDO World Championship)
2. Gary Anderson (Last appeared on BBC in 2009 BDO World Championship)
3. Adrian Lewis (Never appeared on BBC)
4. Phil Taylor (Won 2 BDO titles on BBC, last appeared on BBC in last unified World Championship in 1993)
5. James Wade (Last appeared on BBC in 2004 BDO World Championship)
6. Peter Wright (Last appeared on BBC in 1995 BDO World Championship)
7. Robert Thornton (Won World Masters 2007 on BBC, last appeared on BBC in 2008 BDO World Championship)
8. Michael Smith (Never appeared on BBC)

Edit: The article I first posted has updated to say that The decision to broadcast the new event means the BBC will cease to cover the BDO World Championship.
Last edited by Toby Lerone on 9 February 2016 4:45pm

Newer posts