HB
HarryB
And here's their 4 a.m. intro & outro:

4am?! Who would watch at 4am?
DV
dvboy

It's the midnight programme repeated hourly until 6am.
HB
HarryB
dvboy posted:

Oh is this a news channel? Or is this whats shown on overnights like the BBC channels?
DV
dvboy
dvboy posted:

Oh is this a news channel? Or is this whats shown on overnights like the BBC channels?

It's a news channel. There's TV2 which is a general entertainment channel, TV2 News which is a news channel, and four others.
WW
WW Update
Interestingly enough, some local stations in the U.S. do air live news at 4 or 4:30 a.m. -- and they are not news channels:

JA
james-2001
I saw that picture on the front page and thought 46, wow that's hot. Then remembered, oh wait, it's the US, the only country that still uses Farenheit Laughing

Thought it might have been from Austalia at first as I have family in Adelaide and it got that hot a few weeks back.
HB
HarryB
I saw that picture on the front page and thought 46, wow that's hot. Then remembered, oh wait, it's the US, the only country that still uses Farenheit Laughing

Thought it might have been from Austalia at first as I have family in Adelaide and it got that hot a few weeks back.

Great. Thanks for that! Thumbs up
MQ
Mr Q
More on TV2 News: TV2 has published an 'about us' news item on their new title music for TV2 Nyhederne (the main channel evening news broadcasts) and TV2 News (the news channel). The piece is in Danish, but it explains some of the considerations about making a news theme - needing to be identifiable, having a bit of a melody (helps for it to be remembered), and striking a balance that's neither too happy or too sad. There's also a comment about how news music sounds different in the USA compared to Scandinavia (I'd add that it's not just the soundtrack that differs!).

One other note, the composer/designer of the new news themes - Steffen Breum - is also responsible for the music used by the competing news broadcasts on DR ( TV Avisen and, I think, DR2's news programming).
MQ
Mr Q
The daytime graphics for TV2 News, from the 12:00 edition (simulcast with the TV2 main channel).

MO
Mouseboy33
SkyNews Australia. The ghetto Australian version of SkyNews finally built a professional set. It looks halfway decent. Havent see it on air. So the lighting may make it look crap. But for SNA this is light years ahead of anything they've ever had. It seems like its only being used for a chat/topical show rather than bulletins, but i cant be sure. According to the comments on MediaSpy. They say the lighting still looks crap and the graphics are gross. Australia IMO doenst do news sets very well. Too many in-house creations. (Though Ch7 just launched a new combined set from Jack Morton PDG for their Sunrise, 7 News Sydney and This Morning Show)

http://forums.mediaspy.org/uploads/default/optimized/1X/02074aa2c586c6788ce8ea2087bad3322d579cde_1_690x387.png
http://forums.mediaspy.org/uploads/default/optimized/1X/662589d49d378f71f2956f5d5e71655e0ef89485_1_690x387.png
Mediaspy
JD
JDN
Very nice it is. Sky News Australia may be rough compared to Sky UK, but it's presentation is always more interesting. And that gets my vote.

Newer posts