The Newsroom

ITV News

Split from ITV News 2013 Rebrand (January 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JW
JamesWorldNews
Did anyone else find Juliet Bremner's voice weirdly loud when talking to Alastair Stewart last night? She was shouting her report across the desk to him about the hotel fire in Dubai so much so that they probably could have heard her in Dubai. Is she hearing impaired or had a shot of adrenaline or too much caffeine? It was odd.

I can confirm that we were - in fact - unable to hear her in Dubai.
TVF
TV Forum Team
Posts from Juliet Bremner ITV Evening News 31/12/15 have been merged into this topic.
RD
RDJ
First time for Lucrezia Millarini on the Saturday Evening bulletin?
HB
HarryB
RDJ posted:

No no, not at all, she's done it many times before on a Saturday.
GM
GMc
RDJ posted:

Not many - a few times. I would rather they use the likes of Lucrezia and even Faye Barker, rather than Kylie Pentalow...
LL
London Lite Founding member
GMc posted:
RDJ posted:

Not many - a few times. I would rather they use the likes of Lucrezia and even Faye Barker, rather than Kylie Pentalow...

Bad luck, Kylie is back next Saturday. Millarini appears to be the last choice for Saturday cover as a freelancer over ITV News Group staffers.
HY
hyda67
I think Kylie Pentalow is perfectly capable, and it's nice to see ITV/ITN promoting it's own newscasters, rather than constantly taking them from the BBC.
Brekkie and London Lite gave kudos
CC
CyberCD
I think Kylie Pentalow is perfectly capable, and it's nice to see ITV/ITN promoting it's own newscasters, rather than constantly taking them from the BBC.

Although Kylie only left the BBC a couple of years ago.
LL
London Lite Founding member
It didn't take long after Kylie joined ITV West Country that she was presenting national cover shifts on a Saturday evening.
RD
RDJ
I've noticed that they've started name checking who is presenting during the idents.

I noticed this the first time when they name checked Alastair on New Year's Eve and they've just done the same for James Mates.
BB
bbcfan2014
Times article today on Tom Bradby says News at Ten is getting a 'new title sequence and set' next week
SF
Selwyn Froggatt
Times article today on Tom Bradby says News at Ten is getting a 'new title sequence and set' next week

Ah, it's next week then? Maybe they will bring back the 2008 titles?

Newer posts