The Gallery

Project Two

Making BBC Two's on air presentation look better. (November 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MP
Michael Power
BBC Two's "bouncy" endboards does not really reflect some of the slides on BBC Two, so I have been experimenting with trying to make it look better for BBC Two.
The bounce tilt is gone and I have decided on a blur so that different coloured slides don't really need to be a consideration.
Please rate and leave your thoughts!
BR
Brekkie
The phrase "polishing a turd" springs to mind. No reflection on you but just think a cut out 2 alongside the white box and a fairly bland font is never going to look great.
:-(
A former member
I dont think its that bad, Maybe some tweeting might get it improved.
TO
tomo359
Sorry not too keen on this. I'm trying to imagine this on a large tv, seeing a giant 2 on the left taking over. Also the font doesn't seem to look right, especially in the first image.
Why not try something completely new. When it comes to BBC2 mocks, many people always seem to stick to the same style, big 2 on the left, BBC Two box on the right, text above. Why not break the mould and do something completely different.
DB
dbl
Its a bit too messy and busy for my taste, even though I can see what you're trying to do. My eyes is struggling to focus.
CI
cityprod
Maybe it's just me, but I like this concept. Reminds me of the Westcountry Ws that were so brilliantly done. A little more consistency on alignment wouldn't go amiss. The News Report slide is particularly striking and works well in my view.

34 days later

MP
Michael Power
Yay or nay?
RO
rob Founding member
The "TWO" is too close to the BBC logo.
MP
Michael Power
fixed.
HB
HarryB
Still not fixed, its still too close
MP
Michael Power
is it good now?
AG
AxG
Any descender would clash with the date and time.

Newer posts