TV Home Forum

Channel 4 Christmas 2015 Presentation

Split from Channel 4 (December 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DB
dbl
Don't put away your cap card just yet! A new Christmas lights block ident just aired at 8pm. They're really making an effort!
:-(
A former member
Ho! Ho! Ho!
A former member
Thank goodness for CH4 HD +1 You can NEVER get a break at this time of year Very Happy
A former member
http://tig.gy/?m=C4-2015-XMAS-ID-LIGHTS-1.jpg

Video here
orange, Larry the Loafer and dbl gave kudos
A former member
Just to ask is there a snowing Break bumper?
BR
Brekkie
Thank goodness for CH4 HD +1 You can NEVER get a break at this time of year Very Happy

Yes, because C4 are always bombarding us with Christmas idents every single year.

Great to see the effort this year though, and I do like the way they just phase it in gently. To me it's the perfect compromise to limit the presentation earlier in the month to just the Christmas specials and then make it more dominant at Christmas itself. That Christmas Lights ident is sublime - one of the best they've ever done.
VM
VMPhil
Lovely! This rebrand is really proving to be the best thing to happen in TV pres this year.
A former member

Yes, because C4 are always bombarding us with Christmas idents every single year.

Great to see the effort this year though, and I do like the way they just phase it in gently. To me it's the perfect compromise to limit the presentation earlier in the month to just the Christmas specials and then make it more dominant at Christmas itself. That Christmas Lights ident is sublime - one of the best they've ever done.

I was meaning overall with all TV pres Wink I agree with everything else you have said.
LL
Larry the Loafer
Makes me wish they took this approach from Day 1. That Christmas lights ident is beautiful.
JC
JCB
Superb!. Further proof that the simple block idents do the job perfectly well and have so much more potential. Ditch the "origin" idents from here on in Ch4 and we'll pretend they never happened.
PI
pip2
Funny how tastes differ isn't it!? Personally I don't think that ditching the full logo in favour of its constituent parts buried underground or poking out of rocks or generally just strewn about the place is impressive, attractive or progressive. As for the bumpers and holders... all very flat, boring and childish I think. The blocks are just that, blocks that look like they're rattling about on different coloured tea trays, apart from the christmas ones, which look like they were made with this.

But that's just my opinion.
AR
Argybargy
Really liking the Christmas lights one, it's lovely.

Well done Channel 4. I genuinely wasn't expecting anything this year- but you've finally given us some festive idents. Now that didn't hurt, did it? Yes, I know we had the "Snowman and Snowdog" one in 2012 but that was only sporadically used over Christmas.

It's turned out to be one of those rare years where we have some Christmas idents from BBC1, BBC2, ITV, Channel 4 AND Channel 5!
Last edited by Argybargy on 20 December 2015 9:11pm

Newer posts