The Gallery

Good Morning Britain 2016 Graphics Update

Tidying up the GMB graphics (December 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
UB
UBox
Hello All,
Today I've got a GMB mock which I know will really annoy some people but I wanted to post it to see what people think. I've tried to keep it as realistic to GMB (despite the font) with colours all being identical. My aim here was to make the graphics less unbalanced than they currently are. For the TOTH the ticker and clock would simply not be shown.
Hope you like it even though it's a GMB mock. I will start to work on other graphics soon.

Here's a short video of the graphics: *Please watch in HD*
Last edited by UBox on 15 December 2015 6:12pm - 2 times in total
JT
JamesTV
Everything looks good, other than the font. The font is too basic for ITV
UB
UBox
Everything looks good, other than the font. The font is too basic for ITV

Any suggestions with download links?
NI
Nicky
Interesting you call this a "tidying up" of the graphics when in actual fact you've just recreated their presentation and replaced the font with something less suitable.

UBox posted:
Hello All,
Today I've got a GMB mock which I know will really annoy some people [...] Hope you like it even though it's a GMB mock.

There is no problem with posting GMB mocks. The problem is that most of them - including yours - simply aren't up to scratch.

EDIT - "respectable"?! Shocked
Last edited by Nicky on 15 December 2015 8:56pm
UB
UBox
Nicky posted:
Interesting you call this a "tidying up" of the graphics when in actual fact you've just recreated their presentation and replaced the font with something less suitable.

UBox posted:
Hello All,
Today I've got a GMB mock which I know will really annoy some people [...] Hope you like it even though it's a GMB mock.

There is no problem with posting GMB mocks. The problem is that most of them - including yours - simply aren't up to scratch.

EDIT - "respectable"?! Shocked

The "inspiration" for this was actually the election graphics, we've seen them use the full 16:9 area so why don't they? I think that their switch to 16:9 when Piers joined was a bit of a wasted opportunity for them. These will look very like the GMB graphics and when I've said "tidying up" the idea was to make it less unbalanced after they've stopped using the weather graphic.
I'm going to sort out the font for the next update & add some more graphics.
BB
BruceBBC
*Studios not stuidos
UB
UBox
*Studios not stuidos

Thanks for pointing that typo out to me. I'll sort that next time
PE
permotio
Jesus people are so harsh.

I like it. Good animation, yes the font needs changing, but it has potential and does look neater than GMBs current offering.
JK
JK08
If you're going to do what is essentially a recreation of a current package, at least ensure it's the same standard, or better. There's little creativity here, which is acceptable if the work is to a good standard, however yours is not.
SJ
SamJPayne14
I like it all especially the font!
UB
UBox
I understand where some of you are coming from with the fact that this may "lack creativity" or mabe very similar to the shows current graphics but I'm trying to make this as realistic as possible. The idea is that GMB could actually implement graphics like this and it wouldn't be a huge change. I do think I've achieved my main goal of making it less unbalanced but if you don't like it then you don't like. I'm changing the font for the next update (working on it right now) and I'm going to try to add a bit more.
Thanks for the feedback so far.

Newer posts