TV Home Forum

BBC TWO Christmas 2015 presentation

Retro idents, eh? (December 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MI
Michael
So they DID get the work experience kids to do it....
Rory, Nathan and Michael Power gave kudos
MM
MMcG198
Check out the second video clip on this page:

http://www.deliciousdigital.com/#/our-work/identity/bbc-idents/

Interesting ident at 37 seconds in - not seen that one before.

Note also the soundtrack on the BBC Two 'Seascape' ident.
:-(
A former member
EDIT your one about the other clip not linked to xmas....

EH? All four of those idents have aired. Mind you the first one has been dropped while the other three are on rotating for every third junction.
MM
MMcG198

EH? All four of those idents have aired. Mind you the first one has been dropped while the other three are on rotating for every third junction.

No - the second video clip on the page. I'm mentioning it in this thread as I was led to this site as a result of a post on the previous page, linking to behind-the-scenes footage of the soundtrack for this year's BBC Two Christmas campaign.
:-(
A former member
Interesting ident at 37 seconds in - not seen that one before.

http://theident.gallery/bbc1-2012-promos.php
ED
ExDSStar

No - the second video clip on the page. I'm mentioning it in this thread as I was led to this site as a result of a post on the previous page, linking to behind-the-scenes footage of the soundtrack for this year's BBC Two Christmas campaign.

Now I know who is responsible for that soundtrack.
GL
Gluben
I can't unwatch that. Awful stuff, but like most Red Bee Media stuff (and other idents of their kind), the people who make them truly believe they have made something special and memorable. It's so frustrating.
JO
Jonny
I can't unwatch that. Awful stuff, but like most Red Bee Media stuff (and other idents of their kind), the people who make them truly believe they have made something special and memorable. It's so frustrating.

It looks like a classic example of something being a lot more fun to make for the people involved than the actual end product delivers.

That particular audio agency produces consistently mediocre work yet seems to be the BBC/Red Bee's go to agency for the last 5 years or so. Frustrating is the word.
CH
chris
Jonny posted:

It looks like a classic example of something being a lot more fun to make for the people involved than the actual end product delivers.

That particular audio agency produces consistently mediocre work yet seems to be the BBC/Red Bee's go to agency for the last 5 years or so. Frustrating is the word.

If what they're saying is true about being given 24 hours, I think they did a pretty good job!
JO
Jonny
chris posted:
Jonny posted:

If what they're saying is true about being given 24 hours, I think they did a pretty good job!

I was just going to add that amendment to my post! But it just sums up the ridiculousness of the whole thing.
LL
Larry the Loafer
Are Lambie Nairn out of their league nowadays?
IN
Interceptor
Lambie Nairn are capable of knocking out naff stuff too.

Newer posts