TV Home Forum

Holby City

New titles debuted tonight - first update in nearly 17 years (December 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MU
Multi
Holby City debuted new titles tonight, they follow a similar structure though instead of individual characters moving across the screen, scenes from the show are reflected against a skeleton which is moving up and down the screen.

This is the first major update in nearly 17 years, the last being the removal of cast names from the titles. Apart from that, with of course minor tweaks to the cast, the titles have been the same.

Of course the original titles were the same titles used up until last week, yet stripped down and didn't have cast in them: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5r3pq_holby-city-title-sequence-version-1_shortfilms

And here's the new titlecard: *
Last edited by Multi on 1 December 2015 11:30pm - 2 times in total
ST
Stuart
I did wonder whether they were changing them, as one of the promos at the weekend showed something that didn't fit with the current branding.

I'm fairly sure they tweaked the titles quite a lot when they went HD in 2010 (Series 12).

PS: Your video is showing as 'not supported'. Is that just me? (I'm using Firefox 42.0)

PPS: I've just seen the titles on Sky+. They are certainly better, as they don't include the characters, so it saves them having to be constantly altered to take account of new/departed leading actors.
Last edited by Stuart on 1 December 2015 8:33pm
MU
Multi
I did wonder whether they were changing them, as one of the promos at the weekend showed something that didn't fit with the current branding.

I'm fairly sure they tweaked the titles quite a lot when they went HD in 2010 (Series 12).

PS: Your video is showing as 'not supported'. Is that just me? (I'm using Firefox 42.0)

PPS: I've just seen the titles on Sky+. They are certainly better, as they don't include the characters, so it saves them having to be constantly altered to take account of new/departed leading actors.

Removed the formatting, the link should be working now. Alongside the new titlecard.
CH
chris
It's certainly not the first major update in 17 years. Up until 2007 there were no cast members in the titles, then they were added to the sequence and then it was quite significantly changed again in 2011.

I quite like the titles - feel more modern. Certainly means they haven't got to go to the effort of changing them every time a new cast member joins.
JA
JAS84
The show didn't even exist 17 years ago. It started SIXTEEN years ago.
MD
mdtauk
Pity they didn't take the time to update the music, and a pity they have made Holby City's titles even more divergent from Casualty's. Can't say I'm a fan of them tbh. The glass skeleton seems really tacky.
MU
Multi
JAS84 posted:

And as I said, in NEARLY 17 years.
CH
chris
Can't say I'm a fan of them tbh. The glass skeleton seems really tacky.

Have you ever watched it? Tacky is a byword for Holby Laughing
JA
JAS84
Multi posted:
JAS84 posted:

But you also said they'd changed at least once before, to remove cast credits. Admit it, you got it wrong.

And by the way, the last change was five years ago, the font got changed slightly, most noticeable on the C.
VM
VMPhil
JAS84 posted:
Multi posted:
JAS84 posted:

But you also said they'd changed at least once before, to remove cast credits. Admit it, you got it wrong.

Why does it matter so much in the first place? No need to get so upset over it!
MD
mdtauk
chris posted:

Been watching since day 1, it used to be different. Sigh...
CH
chris
]
chris posted:

Been watching since day 1, it used to be different. Sigh...

Me too, but I gave up earlier this year.

Newer posts