TV Home Forum

BBC TWO Christmas 2015 presentation

Retro idents, eh? (December 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CA
Cavan
Since this year's Christmas presentation on BBC TWO is guaranteed to generate an interesting discussion, I think it warrants its own thread rather than clogging up the general Christmas thread.

Putting idents aside, the BBC TWO Twitter account gives a few good ideas about the surrounding presentation.

WI
Wicko
There is so much speculation surrounding BBC2 this year, will they, won't they have anything new or are they having a retro look with idents of days gone by? Interesting discussion is an under statement!
CA
Cavan
Wicko posted:
will they, won't they have anything new or are they having a retro look with idents of days gone by?

http://tig.gy/?m=bbctwx-1.jpg

This is BBC TWO's current iPlayer sting. If they are not reusing any old Christmas idents this year, why on Earth have they bothered going to this effort?
Wicko posted:
Interesting discussion is an under statement!

I'd better add a few intensifiers next time, eh?
WI
Wicko
I hope they use lots of old idents. The 1991, 1994, 1998, 1999, 2001 and 2003 idents could all be used in random outings! It would be nice.
ED
ExDSStar
Wicko posted:
I hope they use lots of old idents. The 1991, 1994, 1998, 1999, 2001 and 2003 idents could all be used in random outings! It would be nice.

Alongside the 2011 one.
WI
Wicko
Wicko posted:

Alongside the 2011 one.

I'd rather not see the 2011 one again. It needs a rest. But, I suspect you are right!
LL
Larry the Loafer
I have a feeling NI will be more inclined to show some classic idents. I'd be surprised if Network would bother considering they only show about five. I'd be very happy to be proven wrong though.
CY
cylon6
I hope that BBC2 does something different this year.
BR
Brekkie
I'm sure some here will be quite pleased to see the old idents but really it's about the least amount of effort put into a Christmas ident set since the sparkles on the ITV celebrity idents.
AR
Argybargy
I'm sure some here will be quite pleased to see the old idents but really it's about the least amount of effort put into a Christmas ident set since the sparkles on the ITV celebrity idents.

Agreed Brekkie. The last two Christmas idents from BBC2 (first shown in 2007 and 2011 respectively) were excellent but were each used for FOUR Christmases in a row. Goes to show that they can still do very good festive idents, it's just they tend not to bother making them that often. The yellow 2 snowman sting on the i-player (first shown in 2002) suggests more recycling to be expected this year.
DN
Duncan Newmarch
Two, two, two, two, two, two, two, two, two, two, two, two, twoooo...
WI
Wicko
Two, two, two, two, two, two, two, two, two, two, two, two, twoooo...

Is this your latest jingle or are you teasing us? Smile Smile

Newer posts