Now, Now.
MI
Michael
Brown Cow.
Rory and Larry the Loafer gave kudos

29 days later

CY
cylon6
Reading this about the Channel 4 rebrand. Reinforced my view of the people behind it being a bit poncey "We're so good at television! We're so good at television!" types. Very Happy

http://www.mediaweek.co.uk/article/rebranding-channel-4-its-bit-blockbuster/1367475?bulletin=mediapm&utm_medium=EMAIL&utm_campaign=eNews%20Bulletin&utm_source=20151016&utm_content=www_mediaweek_co_uk_artic_6
LL
Larry the Loafer
Quote:
We hurl some 3D printed blocks across Dan’s desk, screaming: "THIS IS CHANNEL 4!"

Sounds like something Charlie Brooker would think of.
GO
gottago
An unbearable read.
LL
London Lite Founding member
All I could hear was Siobhan Sharpe when I read that piece.
IS
Inspector Sands
All I could hear was Siobhan Sharpe when I read that piece.

There is heated debate and the trolls are making W1A jokes. Very Happy
SC
scottishtv Founding member
An unbearable read.

Indeed, but at least it fits with the previous Born Risky campaign, which I've whinged about before.

It screams of "be weird and shout "I'm so F-ing risky" long enough and people might start to believe it again", rather than reflect it in the content of the programmes.

Also, the fact all the 'industry experts' feel they need to use the F-word in their analyses is so cringeworthy.
NE
Neil__
It screams of "be weird and shout "I'm so F-ing risky" long enough and people might start to believe it again", rather than reflect it in the content of the programmes.

Of course sometimes that can work. BBC2 moving from the TWO era to the first outing for the 2s in the 90s involved very little programme change, but a shift in audience perception from stuffy to engaging, fun and quirky.
MA
madmusician

Of course sometimes that can work. BBC2 moving from the TWO era to the first outing for the 2s in the 90s involved very little programme change, but a shift in audience perception from stuffy to engaging, fun and quirky.

Wasn't it the case there, though, that the programmes were already on the 'fun and quirky' side, yet it was the presentation that stood in the way of the channel's image?

Whereas, the argument here is that whilst C4's pres is screaming "risky" the programming itself is not.
JC
JCB
..."hopefully it presents Channel 4 as relevant and progressive."

Watching 90's relic 'TFI Friday' dad dance last night I was thinking more along the lines of "mid-life crisis".

"We hurl some 3D printed blocks across Dan’s desk, screaming: "THIS IS CHANNEL 4!"

Some troll should make a comedy inspired by this kind of branding twattery.

9 days later

SC
Si-Co
Just a reminder that this was 33 years ago tonight:

Newer posts