TV Home Forum

Jake Yapp's take on C4 idents and more...

Kind of goes too off topic for the C4 thread (October 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
Was going to put this in the C4 thread but it goes somewhat off topic and could end up in at least another three threads here. One bit of trivia here is quite interesting (well, I thought it was anyway!)

And following on from that he reveals his diary from his time making idents:
VMPhil, Bail and dbl gave kudos
:-(
A former member
I don't see any as "playful" nor do i see what unmistakable Ch4, UNLESS this is what ch4 whats to be like, and if that is the case it will need to some much better programmes into its schedules.

SO what does the ident represent? It must be its aspirations.

Also his concept for BBC one ident is just dire.
MD
mdtauk
I don't see any as "playful" nor do i see what unmistakable Ch4, UNLESS this is what ch4 whats to be like, and if that is the case it will need to some much better programmes into its schedules.

Channel 4 wants to be seen as arty, and alternative. It is literally it's reason for being.
A former member

Channel 4 wants to be seen as arty, and alternative. It is literally it's reason for being.

And yet half the programmes are dire and cheap formats linked to the houses.
DW
DavidWhitfield
A very interesting insight, and entertainingly done. I particularly enjoyed the use of the phrase "slutwear for all occasions".
LL
Larry the Loafer
I hope the BBC don't commission him for BBC One's next rebrand, going by what he's suggested.
MD
mdtauk
I hope the BBC don't commission him for BBC One's next rebrand, going by what he's suggested.

I actually thought it was a neat idea. Bit tacky of course, but would fit the brief of the channel.
A former member
His ideas for ITV2 are also dire, no wonder he's no longer invold.
JA
Jamesypoo
When he mentioned his ideas for ITV2 being based around a spa, I thought it was quite similar to the Dave launch package all being based in the country house as seen here on TV Live.

Similarly, his suggestions for BBC One reminded me of UKTV Gold from about a decade ago, with people stopping what they were doing to watch the channel.
LL
Larry the Loafer

I actually thought it was a neat idea. Bit tacky of course, but would fit the brief of the channel.

Just sounds like Gogglebox reworked as idents. I know BBC One has a tricky brief to meet but that'd tire very quickly.
MW
Mike W

And yet half the programmes are dire and cheap formats linked to the houses.

You don't watch C4 often do you? You've picked up on 2 shows I expect but not the whole schedule.
PF
PFML84
[quote="Larry the Loafer" pid="976076"]
Just sounds like Gogglebox reworked as idents. I know BBC One has a tricky brief to meet but that'd tire very quickly.
In fairness, the circles are tired and have been for some time.

Newer posts