TV Home Forum

STV HD a Glasgow feed only?

(September 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
EL
elmarko
Odd question but after the X Factor just now on STV HD they put a programme menu advertising a programme on STV Glasgow. Is that the only HD feed on Freeview?
GM
Gary McEwan
Odd question but after the X Factor just now on STV HD they put a programme menu advertising a programme on STV Glasgow. Is that the only HD feed on Freeview?

Yeah, there is only 1 HD feed on Freeview and that's STV Central from Glasgow and that goes out across the country.
:-(
A former member
I doubt there would be any plans for HD for Edinburgh, Dundee, or even Aberdeen, its not cost effective especial since the news in those parts are not in HD studios
MA
Markymark

Yeah, there is only 1 HD feed on Freeview and that's STV Central from Glasgow and that goes out across the country.

No different in principle to BBC 1 HD, that only has one feed for all of England, and that's the ''Nothing to See Here, Move Along Please' red caption during most opts.

It's all about money (as ever)
A former member
Nope it shows the Glasgow new and weather.
MA
Markymark

Nope to what ? And why wouldn't it show Glasgow content ?
A former member

You said 'Nothing to See Here, Move Along Please' red caption during most opts. IE I was saying no there is no captions or anything its a straight feed of Glasgow.
MA
Markymark

You said 'Nothing to See Here, Move Along Please' red caption during most opts. IE I was saying no there is no captions or anything its a straight feed of Glasgow.

Indeed, and that's how it should be, rather than the BBC's irrational hang-up over not carrying BBC London on the BBC 1HD England feed.

Newer posts