Media Websites

TV Forum

(October 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
VM
VMPhil
I've noticed that, when previewing a post with an embedded (non YouTube/Vimeo) video, a HTML5 video player is displayed although does not work correctly. However, when the post is published the old JW Player (Flash on desktop) is used instead. Will the option to use the native HTML5 video player be coming soon?

Just for a little fun, if anyone wants to see what it would look like, copy the following code into the reply box, and swap the more/less than signs for square brackets. Click on 'Preview post' (not 'Submit'!!). Doesn't work in Opera.

<wsvideo>http://up.metropol247.co.uk/082015/1438865132_1822922032.mp4" controls="true" type="video/mp4" poster="http://up.metropol247.co.uk/082015/1438868738_1678769794.png"</wsvideo>
AS
Asa Admin
Happy to bin JW Player - presumably it's only needed for anyone producing .flv video files now (does anyone?). I may as well consolidate video/YouTube/Vimeo into one [ video ] tag at the same time too.

23 days later

LL
London Lite Founding member
Loving the new layout.

However, to get a YouTube video to work, I've had to manually type in the YouTube forum code to get it to display.
BA
bilky asko

Doesn't work for me on Opera Mobile.

I like the featured post on the homepage - a nice way to use the Kudos feature. I'm not sure about the font change, but I'm sure it'll be easy to get used to.
LL
I've tried with Firefox and Chrome and neither work with the video Billy posted.
VM
VMPhil
Works if you just use the ID at the end of the video URL:

bilky asko and London Lite gave kudos
LL
The same works for Vimeo.

IN
Interceptor
Nice little evolution, good work!
:-(
A former member
I DO like how the 2 woodpeacker moves while going down the screen!
Justin, Asa and Bail gave kudos
AS
Asa Admin
Cheers, hope you like the refreshed homepage and other little tweaks. The changes have been mainly backend - including moving to a new server (notice the new URL?) but thankfully now that's all out of the way I can go back to small updates and fixes more regularly.

Any problems, just let me know. Bilky - using YouTube/Vimeo URLs in the [media] tag has been fixed.
TravisM, bilky asko and London Lite gave kudos
LL
Just noticed the kudos notification too!
FA
fanoftv
Very nice Asa. Not too much change - as everyone would complain, but nice subtleties, a lovely new home page design and a new URL - www.tvforum.co.uk - who needs a .co anyway?

Newer posts