The Newsroom

International News Presentation: Past and Present

(February 2007)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SO
southwestman

For those who missed it, following on from a few posts back, here's the new signage on top the Comcast Centre in NYC. I don't think it looks too bad, inevitable in the end I suppose.
MO
Mouseboy33
its ok...woulda looked just find without the COMCAST but these companies are so egotistical they couldnt just put the peacock there.
RK
Rkolsen
its ok...woulda looked just find without the COMCAST but these companies are so egotistical they couldnt just put the peacock there.

It is egotistical and I agree that it should just be the peacock. But this at least is an improvement as the peacock is up there before it just said RCA and later on GE. I can also see Comcast's point as that they paid $1.3 billion for 1.3 million square feet in the building. I think it is also signifies that they are with NBC for the long haul and that they are committed to the company.
RK
Rkolsen
So a Greek Eurozone agreement has been reached. CNN (who normally airs a CNNI simulcast), Bloomberg (which was live), Fox News (broke into programming) carried the press conference. While CNBC was asleep at the wheel. I understand they may not many people manning the ship right now but they could have taken the CNBC Europe feed for the few people that are awake but there are certain traders that are up at 3 in the morning. Fox Business was carrying paid programming.

CNBC was airing an episode of American Greed:
NY
NYTV
So a Greek Eurozone agreement has been reached. CNN (who normally airs a CNNI simulcast), Bloomberg (which was live), Fox News (broke into programming) carried the press conference. While CNBC was asleep at the wheel. I understand they may not many people manning the ship right now but they could have taken the CNBC Europe feed for the few people that are awake but there are certain traders that are up at 3 in the morning. Fox Business was carrying paid programming.

CNBC was airing an episode of American Greed:

Save for Bloomberg, it is a regular occurrence that CNBC and Fox Business would air paid programming off-hours. Fox Business could have taken the feed of Australia's Sky News Business Channel or Sky News UK if anything
LT
LTSC1980
RTP Portugal finally switches to 16:9 widescreen:

More videos related to RTP news changing to widescreen can be found on valentin89000's channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/valentin89000/videos
(via Hazim from TVnewsTalk)
Last edited by LTSC1980 on 16 July 2015 10:36am
WW
WW Update
AxG posted:
Very similar to VTM News.

Must be a popular look these days. TV1 in Georgia -- the country, not the U.S. State -- was also "inspired" (?) by VTM:

Last edited by WW Update on 13 July 2015 6:07pm
JA
Jay16
Funky music and graphics from Sky News in Aus.

AG
AxG
The sooner Sky News Aus gets the current Sky News look the better.
NY
NYTV
AxG posted:

That won't happen due to Sky News Aus still being 4x3 and that they've always been behind Sky News UK in the looks department due to them not having enough money to do a proper revamp.
AB
ABC Australia
NYTV posted:
AxG posted:

That won't happen due to Sky News Aus still being 4x3 and that they've always been behind Sky News UK in the looks department due to them not having enough money to do a proper revamp.

Sky News Australia has been widescreen for 6 years.
RK
Rkolsen
NYTV posted:

Save for Bloomberg, it is a regular occurrence that CNBC and Fox Business would air paid programming off-hours. Fox Business could have taken the feed of Australia's Sky News Business Channel or Sky News UK if anything

I can understand wanting to avoid breaking in during paid programming but this was the type of breaking news I think that would warrant an interruption in programming.

Also I wish Al Jazeera English and Al Jazeera America would unify their graphics or at the bare minimum AJAM should move their bug during AJE simulcasts. You occasionally get these lovely screw ups:

Newer posts