The Gallery

If ITN did Good Morning Britain...

An introduction with ITV News' colours and theme music and Good Morning Britain's graphics. (May 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
HT
htchngs
Imagine if, after another format change, ITN were tasked to redesign ITV's breakfast show...
I based all of the graphics on ITV's Good Morning Britain, used ITV News London's theme music and ITV News' colours with some aerial shots of the Docklands and the Shard.

First mock here, feedback welcome.

Last edited by htchngs on 2 May 2015 3:52pm - 2 times in total
AG
AxG
Good Morning London.
MF
MatthewFirth
Good idea. I still think it should contain the current colours of GMB though, give it a breakfast feel. Also, it should say ITV News instead of the usual ITV logo.
oflahertya and JamesTV gave kudos
DK
DanielK
It looks good although perhaps repicking the colours for the date as it doesn't stand out that much, and as MatthewFirth has said, it would be the ITV News logo instead of the ITV one. Rather than timing the words 'Good Morning Britain' with the music, perhaps timing a couple of pulses from the logo with the music.

Other than that, a fab mock up.
Last edited by DanielK on 2 May 2015 6:32pm
JamesTV and CammyM98 gave kudos
HT
htchngs
It looks good although perhaps repicking the colours for the date as it doesn't stand out that much, and as MatthewFirth has said, it would be the ITV News logo instead of the ITV one. Rather than timing the words 'Good Morning Britain' with the music, perhaps timing a couple of pulses from the logo with the music.

Other than that, a fab mock up.

Any suggestions on colours for the date? I'm struggling to find something that fits.

^I've had a go at the pulses.
DK
DanielK
Try one of the colours from the colour palette on this page, hopefully something will sit against the background nicely.

https://www.behance.net/gallery/16618251/Good-Morning-Britain
HT
htchngs
Try one of the colours from the colour palette on this page, hopefully something will sit against the background nicely.

https://www.behance.net/gallery/16618251/Good-Morning-Britain

Thanks for the link! Very interesting. I unfortunately lost the motion project after it crashed so I can't change the date, but fortunately I exported the pulses, so that is below. Learned a lesson about saving.

watchingtv, CammyM98 and DanielK gave kudos
DK
DanielK
Unfortunate about the loss. The pulses are great, well timed. I'd love to see this expanded to the regions and nations if you choose to redo the project, it would give you a lot of freedom creatively, especially with STV and UTV.
BB
BruceBBC
When I read the title I was very sceptical but I couldn't have been more wrong! This is very very good. I do feel the logo is the wrong shade of blue. Maybe a lighter colour? Or maybe the red(ish) colour you've used. Apart from that this is an excellent mock. Perfectly timed. Well done.
NE
newswatcher101
I like what you have done, its really clever and takes some skill.

I agree with many that the current Good Morning Britain logo should be used though.

Would anyone else like to see the ITN Grays Inn Road building play a role in these titles?

I do, because I think it's a really modern and nice building!
BruceBBC, JamesTV and CoreyLHughes gave kudos
PA
PATV Scunthorpe
I really like the pulsing version better but the last pulse could be replaced with the zoom of the logo
MW
Mike W
I'd animate the ITV logo on screen properly, instead of fading it on, fade each segment on individually!

Newer posts