The Gallery

Updated (Final) Good Morning Britain Mock *DEVELOPED*

(April 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
HB
HarryB
Integrate the logo shape more. That is about it.

How could I do this? I was going to have 'itv.com/gmb' and '#GMB' come out the right hand side of the logo (only 16:9 safe, but it's not an essential graphic).

He means that you should use the SHAPE of the logo more, because all the astons in yours are boxy and not round.
BA
bilky asko
SomeRandomStuff is not known for handing out constructive criticism.

There's only so much detail you can go into when a mock has so many fundamental issues with it. I don't speak for everyone, but I've always seen SomeRandomStuff as one of the fairest mock critics.
oflahertya and Critique gave kudos
AA
Aaron_2015
It's all well and good telling me there's 'fundamental issues', but if you can't explain what they are, don't bother commenting.

I can try making the astons rounder, or cutting them off at the 4:3 zone, but won't that butcher the design?
AS
ASO
Lots of the fundamental issues have already been expressed. At least look at them first.
BA
bilky asko
It's all well and good telling me there's 'fundamental issues', but if you can't explain what they are, don't bother commenting.

It's already been explained to you; it's an uninspired design that doesn't improve on the current graphics in any way. Whether or not a name strap is round or not isn't going to stop it being uninspired.
AA
Aaron_2015
That doesn't help me. That is useless. You think it's uninspired. Well that's a lovely opinion you have there, but what good is that? Telling me that doesn't give me any help with improving the design.

Changing the straps was one way of changing the design which was suggested by another member. At least read the other comments correctly first.

I want helpful, useful and insightful comments to help me improve.
BA
bilky asko
That doesn't help me. That is useless. You think it's uninspired. Well that's a lovely opinion you have there, but what good is that? Telling me that doesn't give me any help with improving the design.

Do you know what "uninspired" means? Unoriginal, unimaginative - words that I feel adequately describe what the problems with the mock are. You can therefore improve it by coming up with an idea whose only potentially positive parts are't just copied from the current graphics.

Essentially, there's no point in polishing a turd.
AA
Aaron_2015
No part of it is copied from the current graphics. It looks completely different. I've tried lots of different designs, but it seems you just can't win on this forum.
BA
bilky asko
So the logo, colour scheme, ticker, and so on, are things you came up with independently of the current graphics?
AA
Aaron_2015
The colour scheme, ticker and concept are my own. I can't really understand what you are trying to say; do try and structure your points a little more coherently.
AA
Aaron_2015

So is this an improvement of the current design? The straps don't look as sharp. The clock looks too similar to the current design I think.
MF
MatthewFirth
This is better. Biggest problem now is probably the clock.....

Newer posts