The Gallery

Updated (Final) Good Morning Britain Mock *DEVELOPED*

(April 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AA
Aaron_2015

Updated, final GMB Mock. Added the clock and ITV News has been added between each story on the ticker. I've taken on every single bit of feedback and used it in this design. Please comment if you leave a rating, a rating with no comment is no use to me. I'd love to hear your feedback, I've worked incredibly hard to refine my design and make it perfect.
Last edited by Aaron_2015 on 9 April 2015 7:08pm - 2 times in total
MF
MatthewFirth
The font! That's the reason why your rating is low.....
DK
DanielK
Good design, nice animations but definitely not for GMB. The current graphics employ the logo shape in multiple ways, I don't see that here and it is disappointing. These seeme to be very recrangular and don't seem to be as interactive with the brand as the current set is.

Brilliant design like I said, but not GMB.
SR
SomeRandomStuff
The font! That's the reason why your rating is low.....

If only it was so simple.

1/5 - Its extremely unambitious and quite frankly boring.
AA
Aaron_2015
I'm sticking with the font. It looks good in my opinion. Suggesting a different font would be more worthwhile.

Thanks for the kind words DanielK.

SRS, your comment is totally useless. Doesn't tell me how to improve at all.

I wouldn't call it boring, the transitions creating an interesting effect.
FI
FrancisIdents
SRS, your comment is totally useless. Doesn't tell me how to improve at all.

SomeRandomStuff is not known for handing out constructive criticism.

I'd prefer to see the Reem for the astons. While the font is fine, it doesn't say ITV to me.

The animation is a good start, though I'm not sure I like where the orange "Top Stories" aston wipes in from. Instead of hurtling in from the side, I'd prefer it to wipe in from behind the GMB logo.

Apart from that it's not a bad mock at all, with some polish it could be great. 3 stars.
AA
Aaron_2015
I've tried endlessly to get ITV Reem and I can't do it. If I could get Reem, I'd use it.

I see your point about the top aston, that would be better.

Thanks FI.
DW
DavidWhitfield
There has been a marked improvement as this mock has progressed. I like the fact the static clock is back, and I think the animations are nice.

Aaron_2015, see your private messages.
DO
dosxuk
It's literally a five minute job to get a copy of itv reem suitable for this type of usage, and doesn't involve anything other than a web browser and visiting two sites. If you can't work out how to do it, frankly nobody should help you as it's that simple.
AA
Aaron_2015
It's literally a five minute job to get a copy of itv reem suitable for this type of usage, and doesn't involve anything other than a web browser and visiting two sites. If you can't work out how to do it, frankly nobody should help you as it's that simple.

Do get off your high horse. Rolling Eyes

I searched for ITV Reem and couldn't find it. If I couldn't find it, I couldn't find it.

Due to help from David and FrancisIdents, I now have ITV Reem which I'll be using in the next development of this design. What else needs to be improved though? I continuously get poor ratings, but not a lot of explanation as to what needs to be improved.
DK
DanielK
Integrate the logo shape more. That is about it.
AA
Aaron_2015
Integrate the logo shape more. That is about it.

How could I do this? I was going to have 'itv.com/gmb' and '#GMB' come out the right hand side of the logo (only 16:9 safe, but it's not an essential graphic).

Newer posts