TV Home Forum

The X Factor 2016

(March 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
GMc posted:

The only other person I can think of that ITV would go for is Vernon Kay. He's already on their books, so to speak, and I'm sure the media would love the rivalry between husband and wife on Strictly.

Vernon's appeal seems to have faded and he wouldn't be right for XF. He's suffered from only really doing Family Fortunes whilst most other stuff has flopped. Now he's on a daytime quiz show.
DB
dbl
Louis will be out next I reckon.

And then **miraculously** brought back. I hope to god they haven't brought Sarah Jane back, she was terrible and can't ad-lib (as proven by the MOBO Awards).
ST
Stedixon
I'm glad Dermot has gone. Ever since he joined XF he seemed to lose personality. He was getting more stale as the years passed. I want someone with some umph now.
BR
Brekkie
I think he actually became too good at his job - could do it in his sleep and I think occassionally did.

dbl posted:

And then **miraculously** brought back. I hope to god they haven't brought Sarah Jane back, she was terrible and can't ad-lib (as proven by the MOBO Awards).

Louis should never have returned when he was first sacked, and certainly should have gone in 2011. Sadly he'll be there till the end.

Agree Sarah Jane has to go - she was even worse than Konnie Huq. If she did stay she'd at least need a co-host but can't see them having another duo if Caroline and Olly are the hosts.
RS
Rob_Schneider
Sad to lose him. It's not an easy gig - as Steve Jones proved Stateside; rumour has it he wanted to go to the US show and Cowell insisted he was needed in the UK. Even Ant and Dec can't touch him IMO. If he gets a Hollie Steel or Rachel Crow situation, he can handle it.

Olly and Caroline were excellent on ITV2 so I'd be quite happy to see them on the main show. I'm not convinced it needs someone really rehearsed and slick like Dermot was; take the Davina approach in the early series of Big Brother and have a duo as into the show as the core viewership... if they were going to have another duo, Stephen Mulhern and Emma Willus are a good call for Xtra Factor. Or continuing the Heart theme, possibly JK and Lucy from London drivetime/network Saturday breakfast.
RS
Rob_Schneider
And Laura Whitmore? A disaster as Eurovision semis commentator last year. And X Factor is effectively putting on 12 mini Eurovisions in Autumn. Do the math!
CA
Cando
if they were going to have another duo, Stephen Mulhern and Emma Willus are a good call for Xtra Factor.

Yeah I'm sure Emma the host of 4 terrestrial tv shows (BB, CBB, The Voice and the forthcoming Prized apart) is really dying to present a ratings challenged ITV 2 fanzine show every weekend for 4 months.
Even your beloved Jeremy Clarkson is more likely to host.
GO
gottago
if they were going to have another duo, Stephen Mulhern and Emma Willus are a good call for Xtra Factor.

Stephen Mulhern's never a good call for anything.

I'd just scrap The Xtra Factor altogether to be honest. The ratings for the last series were abysmal all the way through. At the end of the day you only really want to see the interviews with the acts and judges after the live shows which could easily be covered via the website, otherwise the show's just an hour of filler.
JO
Jon

Only to be brought back 3 weeks later.
MA
madmusician

Stephen Mulhern's never a good call for anything.

Nice guy, though. I bumped into him in the Eden Project a few years ago, when he was filming links for Animals Do the Funniest Things.
AL
alexhduk
Rylan for Xtra Factor?
Last edited by alexhduk on 28 March 2015 10:56am
BA
bilky asko
Sad to lose him. It's not an easy gig - as Steve Jones proved Stateside; rumour has it he wanted to go to the US show and Cowell insisted he was needed in the UK. Even Ant and Dec can't touch him IMO. If he gets a Hollie Steel or Rachel Crow situation, he can handle it.

Olly and Caroline were excellent on ITV2 so I'd be quite happy to see them on the main show. I'm not convinced it needs someone really rehearsed and slick like Dermot was; take the Davina approach in the early series of Big Brother and have a duo as into the show as the core viewership... if they were going to have another duo, Stephen Mulhern and Emma Willus are a good call for Xtra Factor. Or continuing the Heart theme, possibly JK and Lucy from London drivetime/network Saturday breakfast.

I will never be able to understand why Steve Jones was picked to move to the US; he wasn't exactly crème de la crème material over here. I always thought he was poor; even Gethin Jones would be a wiser choice.

Quite how anyone could say Dermot O'Dreary trumps Ant and Dec is beyond me. I'm not sure I like any of his ex-T4 brethren either.

Newer posts