Australian TV News

(August 2010)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JI
Jimmyson
All state bulletins do this!
MP
Michael Power
Well, its new to me Smile I haven't been watching ABC News for a while.
FO
fox1
TEN Eyewitness News - Sydney 5:00PM France Terror Attack Coverage

24 days later

FO
fox1
Celebrating 25 Years Of Sandra Sully on TEN:

I also add quite happily that the clip of Sandra on GMA at 2:30 came - via a quite circuitous route through different people over the years - from an original recording by yours truly.

And just a side note - Sandra was dared by a Sydney radio station to say the word "sausage" during her newscast that night - and so she did!
Last edited by fox1 on 1 February 2015 12:01pm - 2 times in total

16 days later

FO
fox1
Rick Ardon and Susannah Carr celebrate 30 years at 7 Perth - on Sunrise :

FO
fox1
Rick Ardon & Susannah Carr celebrate 30 years together on Seven News Perth. Thanks largely to Rick and Sue, this is the network's powerhouse affiliate, by far the most-watched Seven station in the country:

Last edited by fox1 on 17 February 2015 12:00pm - 2 times in total
KM
Kevizz MS
Seven News Perth has moved to new headquarters and launched a Virtual set.

And it is every bit as horrifically ugly as you'd expect it to be.

MO
Mouseboy33
Whoa....thats pretty bad. Wow. THere is so much wrong with that.
DB
dbl
Clearly not ITV News style of virtual sets, more like RTL.
BR
Brekkie
As virtual sets go we've seen better but as Aussie sets go at least they're getting into the 21st century, although doesn't help at all that it's all in SD thanks to stupid Aussie laws making them practically the only country in the world where the main channels are not available in HD. Even North Korea has ditched SD completely when they went digital.
MP
Michael Power
The law is that only one HD channel is allowed per station. The networks waste that opportunity by making them into bloky channels (ONE/7mate) Classic Dramas (GEM) and a news channel (ABC News 24). SBS One is the only channel which made their HD channel into SBS One HD.
WH
whoiam989
As virtual sets go we've seen better but as Aussie sets go at least they're getting into the 21st century, although doesn't help at all that it's all in SD thanks to stupid Aussie laws making them practically the only country in the world where the main channels are not available in HD. Even North Korea has ditched SD completely when they went digital.

All the North Korean channels are still in SD quality, actually. Anyway, I agree that it's one awful virtual set.

Newer posts