The Newsroom

International News Presentation: Past and Present

(February 2007)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RD
RDJ
I also liked the old look better. For comparison, here is a clip of the same 9 a.m. edition from a few days before the refresh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVtQ8D9zx2U

There's something I love about this look. The music which has been in use for years is much punchier and the titles are nice and simple. The new look is boring and dull.
CN
cnnfan1230
Phoenix InfoNews (China), 2015, "News on The Hour"

Indosiar (Indonesia), 2014, "Fokus Weekend Morning"

antv (Indonesia), 2014, "Topik Siang"
Last edited by cnnfan1230 on 2 February 2015 7:55am - 2 times in total
WW
WW Update
Another compilation of current (2015) European news intros:

WW
WW Update
A compilation of news intros used by ORF in Austria from 1957 to the present day:

WW
WW Update
Here's the new look of ORF's 7:30 p.m. news (Zeit im Bild 1):

And here's the late-evening Zeit im Bild 2:

MQ
Mr Q
I still can't believe how remarkably awful those new ZIB graphics are. I'm not overly impressed by the new music - but not offended by it either. For me, it's the graphics that are the real disappointment.
GU
guest03
Arte Journal, France/Germany, 2015
Kevizz MS and WW Update gave kudos
DV
DVB Cornwall
DW Deutsche Welle Fernsehen (BBC World equivalent) has launched Five of it's Global Channels via App on Sony TVs today. Live and with catchup along with clips.

Channels ....
DW Global
DW America
DW Arabia
DW Latin America
DW Europe
Last edited by DVB Cornwall on 6 February 2015 11:31pm
MA
Maarten1
Mr Q posted:
I still can't believe how remarkably awful those new ZIB graphics are. I'm not overly impressed by the new music - but not offended by it either. For me, it's the graphics that are the real disappointment.

Couldn't agree more. Was it made using PowerPoint or something?
The 'ZIB' logo reminds me of Arial Rounded (which it isn't though). I thought we buried that font safely in the 1970s. If they wanted real change in Vienna, come up with something brand new!
NY
NYTV
NHK World, the international arm of Japanese public broadcaster NHK will be expanding this year, which includes an overhaul of programming
Quote:
and expand its basic programme block from four hours to six hours to offer more original Japan content, sources said
. Their hourly news bulletin, Newsline will also be getting a new look and effective 7 Feb, they moved to another studio temporarily.
Here was the old studio in action in 2013:

And here is a link to he story announcing the expansion:
http://www.buenosairesherald.com/article/148919/nhk-set-to-expand
WW
WW Update
DW Deutsche Welle Fernsehen (BBC World equivalent) has launched Five of it's Global Channels via App on Sony TVs today. Live and with catchup along with clips.

Channels ....
DW Global
DW America
DW Arabia
DW Latin America
DW Europe

On June 22, DW will also launch a 24-hour English-language news channel called DW News, which will originate from a brand-new studio. Apparently, the decision to launch the channel came -- in part -- in response to the recent expansion of Russia's RT, whose anti-Western propaganda worries Germany.

BTW, this is what the English-language news on the current DW service looks like now:

The 'ZIB' logo reminds me of Arial Rounded (which it isn't though). I thought we buried that font safely in the 1970s. If they wanted real change in Vienna, come up with something brand new!

I actually like the new ZIB logo -- but it's just about the only element of the new look that I prefer over the old one.
Last edited by WW Update on 8 February 2015 5:16am - 2 times in total
MQ
Mr Q
Arte Journal, France/Germany, 2015
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvSp_CDlTpA

Oooh. I quite like that set. A definite step up from what they had before.

Newer posts