The Newsroom

ITV News

Split from ITV News 2013 Rebrand (January 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RH
richard h
Not a good move if true

I used to watch it nightly but recently I've found myself watching sky news as it starts at 10 on the dot 7 days a week

Moving it for football, Harry potter films, britains got talent, I'm a celebrity and other pointless rubbish that can be shown in a different slot and the fact it rarely starts on time anyway means I've got bored of itv news and another minor thing is there is no set schedule of who presents what. Every day is different.
CN
cnnfan1230
Not a good move for me. I would prefer BBC's News at Ten.
BE
Ben Founding member
Deleted.
PC
p_c_u_k
On a tangent, but I'm sure STV are somewhat less than delighted by this move. Cricket's a minority interest up here. The station is also (rightly) proud of Scotland Tonight, and a News at When situation is not good news for it.
GM
GMc
On a tangent, but I'm sure STV are somewhat less than delighted by this move. Cricket's a minority interest up here. The station is also (rightly) proud of Scotland Tonight, and a News at When situation is not good news for it.

I'm sure STV would come to some sort of arrangement with ITV on airing the highlights later (like they do with all of ITV's 10.40pm shows).
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
The article doesn't state that News at Ten will be moving. The 10pm timeslot may be for ITV4 highlights of all matches other than England. England might still go out post News at Ten. It would be a daft move otherwise (so not inconceivable).

I would question though is there much appeal for cricket highlights going out almost a day late ? (The matches are played late night / early hours GMT).

Of course Scotland are at the tournament, and there is actually an England v Scotland fixture. So not totally irelevant, but get your point.
Last edited by Square Eyes on 27 January 2015 5:58pm - 2 times in total
BR
Brekkie
According to an article on Media Guardian today, it seems ITV are planning to move ITV News at Ten. The article about ITV purchasing highlights to the Cricket World Cup says: ''The ITV highlights will be shown at 10pm each night and last between 60 and 90 minutes.''

If true, i'm angry that ITV would mess around with News At Ten in this way. No wonder BBC News at Ten consistently beats them in the ratings! If anyone would like to read the article, here it is: http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/jan/27/itv-scores-cricket-world-cup-highlights

Let's use our own misunderstanding to beat ITV with a stick yet again for a decision made nearly a decade and a half ago!

10pm is pretty much the only time Sky will let anyone air the highlights to games - most of which will be on ITV4. Great that ITV are giving extra exposure to the England games and it remains to be seen whether they would delay the news for those . I'm no cricket fan but given the sports lack of exposure if any deal with Sky means 10pm is the only option I think it justifies moving News at Ten - and if rather than jumping up and down you checked the facts you'd see that most of the games fall on Friday, Saturday or Sunday, with only two on a Monday. Rightly, or to be more precise, wrongly, News at Ten has been moved on Mondays frequently for other things, so two episodes for the cricket isn't much in the grand scheme of things.
Last edited by Brekkie on 27 January 2015 6:55pm
LO
Londoner
John Ray has been appointed as ITV News Africa correspondent

10 days later

HB
HarryB
ITV News has gone off air and ITV is showing a 'sorry for the disruption' slide
BB
BruceBBC
Technical problems on the lunchtime news. The picture froze for 30 seconds then cut to an ITV Breakdown bumper.
It took STV a few minutes to cut to their own breakdown slide.
RO
rob Founding member
Just caught the tail end of it...

LL
London Lite Founding member
Still some technical problems at GiN. The late London bulletin had no picture at the start, when the picture eventually returned, it was upscaled rather than native HD.

Last edited by London Lite on 13 February 2015 11:24pm

Newer posts