TV Home Forum

BBC Two 2015 with 90s idents

NEW: Dragons Den ident with a nod to the past (January 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CA
Cavan
BBC TWO dun goofed.

DP
D.Page
The original centralised '97 logo worked so much better. It wasn't too distracting, and its centralised location was more pleasing to the eye, IMO. It also appears slightly odd to me that the subtitles flag is not aligned with the box logo. At least the 50 year logo we had last year was less distracting, further into the corner and reasonably aligned with the subtitles flag.
Last edited by D.Page on 1 January 2015 9:35am
cylon6, Cavan and VMPhil gave kudos
CA
Cavan
BBC TWO Northern Ireland just aired Black and White Copper Cutout with the centralised "BBC TWO Northern Ireland" logo used for trails.

Justin, tmorgan96 and D.Page gave kudos
:-(
A former member
Now that looks far better than the teal box.
JU
Justin
Honestly I prefer the 50 years box then this, it feels weird for it to get out of its box after so long. Are the idents back full time now?
Last edited by Justin on 1 May 2016 7:58am
FI
FrancisIdents
The teal box looks okay, I suppose. It would look a lot better if it were on the left as god intended, or in the middle like Northern Ireland did (which looks stunning, by the way).

Goes to show that B&W Copper still looks good 18 years after it's withdrawal too.
JO
Jonny

*hits head through laptop*
DP
D.Page
Silk on NI, again with their centralised logo. Looks pretty good to me. It's such a shame Network and Wales didn't choose to follow suit in this respect - any chance of a swift reconsideration, Network and Wales? Very Happy
CA
Cavan
BBC TWO Northern Ireland aired Silk before the New Years Day Concert .

FrancisIdents, D.Page and Jonny gave kudos
JO
Jonny
It's too big, why. is. this. so. difficult.

Bail, D.Page and Cavan gave kudos
:-(
A former member
All these different logos over the old set of idents over the past year or so — 50 years, afternoon classics, now the teal box and Northern Ireland's centred logo. Talk about inconsistent branding.

Scrap them soon and let's have a complete refresh of the channel.
JO
Jonny
I do love it when NI go into well b*llcks to that, we'll air the best ones and we'll air them right mode. Well done, again.

Oh and the best part has to be they finally decided to reduce the size of the Subtitles tag on Predator and Swan. Because that looked way too cumbersome. "Now we'll just put this massive block of opaque colour over here. Perfect."

Newer posts