The Gallery

BBC World Countdown and Ident - HD recreation

Recreation of the BBC World 2000 branding (November 2014)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MD
mdtauk

I was recently inspired by KT4YU's News 24 countdown mock ( http://www.tvforum.co.uk/thegallery/bbc-news-24-countdown-1999-40431/ ) to turn my hand to recreating the Countdown and Idents used by BBC World back in 2000. It took a week and a half longer than I expected it to, and I tried to make it as accurate as possible, despite only having access to low resolution versions as my reference.

The animation was done with a combination of After Effects and 3DS Max.
MP
Michael Power
Awesome work, Martin! I do like how it looks realistic. Your mocks always amaze me.
5/5
CN
cnnfan1230
Very outstanding, Martin, hope to see your recreation of BBC World countdown from 2001.
MD
mdtauk
Very outstanding, Martin, hope to see your recreation of BBC World countdown from 2001.

Can't say I am the biggest fan of the new countdown they introduced, but I think I will take a break from more animating for the time being... Smile
RO
rob Founding member
As always Martin, very impressive. It's nice to have a change from all the rubbish mocks... Smile
AS
ASO
As far as I can tell, it's spot on. I don't know who has voted it down from 5*, because it really is fantastic. 5/5
DK
DanielK
Very good! The only modification I'd have made to the original is to not have the '10' on screen until it was actually needed. Brilliant recreation of what aired though!
MW
Mike W
Very good! The only modification I'd have made to the original is to not have the '10' on screen until it was actually needed. Brilliant recreation of what aired though!

There's the original from the playout server...
BK
bkman1990
Saw this this recreation a few days ago on your Youtube channel. I must say that I am really impressed with this outstanding mock.

Well done to you mdtauk Very Happy
Last edited by bkman1990 on 24 November 2014 9:42pm - 2 times in total
KT
KT4YU
Well done mate this is fantastic!
DK
DanielK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZRSbSXiyJY

There's the original from the playout server...

What I meant was that if I (or mdta) was designing the original, I wouldn't have had the '10' on screen until it was needed.
MD
mdtauk
I might have transitioned the numbers in if I were designing the sequence, but I understand why it is there originally. I'd have also considered doing it as a 30 sec countdown they drop into after the breakfiller/adverts.

Newer posts