The Newsroom

International News Presentation: Past and Present

(February 2007)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
FO
fox1
TVM L'Aħbarijiet News 1988:

and here is where the news theme came from!

Very excited to just discover this while listening to the in-flight entertainment system on Turkish Airlines, after a month in Malta. By the way, I wish I could share TVM's 1989 graphics with you - which used the same theme with more impressive graphics - but I have not yet transferred my tape.
AG
AxG
The first time I heard that was when VPRO in the Netherlands recieved a new look and they used it in the presentation video.
WW
WW Update
MTV3, Finland, 2014:

TV2, Norway, 2014:

VI
Viakenny

TV2, Norway, 2014:

I see a trend in Nordic newscasts these days (or at least on TV2 Norway and TV2 Denmark): the name of the bulletin not appearing on the opening sequence.
WW
WW Update
This distinctively French look can also be seen in France's overseas territories -- such as French Guyana in South America:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uy-mO8PiS6M

Here's another newscast from Outre-mer 1ère, this time from the French Caribbean island of Martinique (Outre-mer 1ère, formerly known as RFO, is a service of France Télévisions for the country's overseas territories):

WW
WW Update
A bit of CNN as seen in Japan back in 1984 -- it's a mix of CNN from the U.S. (this was before CNN International was created) and Japanese-language, CNN-branded segments from Tokyo:

WW
WW Update
As Mouseboy33 mentioned in the other thread, WPLG in Miami has a new set. Here's a montage of yesterday's 4 p.m. news showing the new set in action:

Last edited by WW Update on 31 July 2014 2:31pm - 2 times in total
KM
Kevizz MS
Bizarre. Tacky local graphics and content but with a really generic, nationalised set? And that main backdrop is just ugly.

lol at the subtle 'shut up, this is my line' tap during the first story.
MO
Mouseboy33
"nationalised set"

LOL
FO
fox1
New from my collection - 1989 ITV Promo, linking all the stations in the network, and News at Ten. Enjoy.

FO
fox1
Some rare gold - TVM Malta featuring ITN World News and L'Aħbarijiet fil Qosor (News in Brief), 1989. I recorded this in Malta - more to come. Enjoy Smile

Last edited by fox1 on 4 August 2014 2:42pm
gottago, newsman1 and WW Update gave kudos
FO
fox1
Just uploaded from my collection.

The CBS Evening News on TMC Antenna Sicilia Italy 1989. It includes real-time channel surfing of Sicilian TV stations received during this broadcast and a TMC ident. This video was received via a normal TV antenna from the island of Malta, at least 100km away. Hope you like it.

TVM Malta 1989 - "L'Aħbarijiet" News

Last edited by fox1 on 6 August 2014 11:18am

Newer posts