TV Home Forum

Doctor Who

Series 8 (May 2014)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BA
bilky asko
I was simply pointing out the fact that it started out on that date, but obviously I forgot free speech was banned. Rolling Eyes

You weren't, hence why you deleted:

I wonder if its a coincidence that it begins on Saturday 23rd, or if it was specifically planned to be on the 50 years and 9 months anniversary......?

In any case, you could have pointed out that Saturday 23rd August is the only Saturday 23rd this year, or made out that the nine months means that the Doctor will have a baby in the first episode in a Tumblr-inspired twist.
GM
gmb2014
I was simply pointing out the fact that it started out on that date, but obviously I forgot free speech was banned. Rolling Eyes

You weren't, hence why you deleted:

I wonder if its a coincidence that it begins on Saturday 23rd, or if it was specifically planned to be on the 50 years and 9 months anniversary......?

I was pointing out the fact that it starts on the same day (although a different month) that Doctor Who started on, and I was wondering if it was planned to be like that. I apologize if this has caused confusion.
MI
Michael
Actually it was the other way around. The BBC bosses in 1963 left strict instructions to their future counterparts that this series should start on this date.
CG
Charlie Gough
The BBC have confirmed the return of the Cybermen in Doctor Who Series 8.
www.facebook.com/BBCOne/photos/a.500946183259138.112990.470911516262605/778875928799494
CG
Charlie Gough
“I see into your soul, Doctor.” - Doctor Who Series 8 Teaser Trailer - BBC One

DE
declan
People have said that the voice is Davros. I want it to be him but the voice doesn't sound exact. However, this aired last night and 6 years ago today Journey's end aired... COINCIDENCE??

...Probably is.
CG
Charlie Gough
People have said that the voice is Davros. I want it to be him but the voice doesn't sound exact. However, this aired last night and 6 years ago today Journey's end aired... COINCIDENCE??

...Probably is.

You're right. That voice definitely sounds like it's Davros. Also, BBC One have commented on their post on Facebook saying, "That voice sounds familiar..."
ST
Stuart
It's Davros. Woooooooo!

I wasn't keen on No 12 at first, but I'll give it a go.
MI
Michael
People have said that the voice is Davros. I want it to be him but the voice doesn't sound exact.

Get your hearing tested. What else does Davros sound like, eh?
DE
declan
People have said that the voice is Davros. I want it to be him but the voice doesn't sound exact.

Listen to the "hatred" part on its own and tell me it's 100% Davros.
MI
Michael

No thanks. I listened to the rest of the words in the whole sentence.
DE
declan

No thanks. I listened to the rest of the words in the whole sentence.

All I'm saying is that although I think it's Davros it goes really dalek-y and in the end the word "hatred" sounds like a Dalek and not Davros. Perhaps you should listen to that part itself now I have clarified and you'll see what I mean Rolling Eyes

Newer posts