Good Morning Britain - the launch

(April 2014)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DA
David
Why do people keep saying "bed in"?
EM
Elektrik Media
I'm totally agreeing with oilyrag and don't feel he was being particularly personal, and with him working in that area his remarks tend to carry more weight!

I think some of the comments were entirely offensive and personal. Let's hope he doesn't work at the Duty Office, as God knows what would happen if a 'lesser informed' commoner phoned in with an opinion.

If you can't stand the heat...

Oh grow up. I prefer reasoned debate, not having to resort to belittling insults because you disagree with someone. That is the reason I'm leaving this god awful thread. I'll come back at Christmas and we'll see where GMB is at.

Looks like i'm firmly back in the fold Wink Nothing personal, whataday, you have a right to your opinion !
TW
tweedledum
With Richard Bacon leaving 5Live, when the next revamp happens it would be nice to see him present.
NE
neilly
reubz posted:
As much as I want to love GMB, I just can't. Yes its a bit more newsy than Daybreak, but it comes across as diluted with no depth, as though they think they can rely on the flashy graphics and fake chemistry to make them a hit. Its a bit inconsistent on a daily basis; yes there's more news content some days, but on others it's fluffy. It should not be a hard news programme, but I will never digest Ben Shephard telling me about the middle east. Also, could it be any more obvious that Susanna's brief was 'engage with the audience, make them feel you're a fun person who gives a damn about the likes of Bieber's antics'. Too commercial and cheap for me.

So, how about an 'ITV News AM', a programme that has the same authoritative news and features feel of regional news. Containing a bit more speed and life than 'Breakfast'. Ranvir and Stapleton at the helm. Simple and straightforward without the gimmicky graphics. Save your celebs lifestyle nonsense for Lorraine

I think it's important that all forum members respect each other's opinion. It's good to have debate there's no need to get personal. I agree about the comments regarding the content of the programme. I think the content is the biggest problem that has to be addressed in the long term. Yes, like other's have said GMB does need more time to bed in and it does have the advantage of a spring launch to help prepare for the important autumn season.

I've also said that there is still an inconsistency in terms of the balance between news and light items as reubz mentions. For example, today at 6.25 they had a naff Ross King interview with Gerard Butler. That kind of interview should be consigned to Lorraine and waste's airtime that could be used for more in-depth interviews. Also, they should scrap the 6.50 entertainment slot and make the 6am hour more focused on news.

Like others, I thought it worked better having 3 instead of 4 presenters. Sean still has a limited role in the main presenting team and still comes across a bit of a spare part. It's also good seeing Ranvir filling in for Charlotte adding a bit of fun to the show. On a slightly positive note, in the last four weeks GMB's consolidated viewing figures have remained fairly stable around 550,000 (including +1) with a 14-15% viewing share compared with Breakfast's 1.6 million and 38% share. It's not the best, however at least the decline has slowed down for now.
DK
DanielK
Designer of the Lorraine studio: http://benmorson.com/Lorraine
DK
DanielK
Tech info on the videowall in Lorraine's studio: http://www.installation-international.com/datapath-controls-videowall-itvs-lorraine-show/
DK
DanielK
'Voice of God': http://www.voice-shop.co.uk/artist.php?id=354
DK
DanielK
Ben is off this morning, John in for him. Sean is at Wimbledon today.

EDIT: 6.46 - Susanna alone at the desk, in the centre, she must be liking that.
6.53 - Really nice out of break shot, looking up the side of ITV Towers.
Last edited by DanielK on 2 July 2014 6:53am - 2 times in total
EM
Elektrik Media
Ben is off this morning, John in for him. Sean is at Wimbledon today.

EDIT: 6.46 - Susanna alone at the desk, in the centre, she must be liking that.
6.53 - Really nice out of break shot, looking up the side of ITV Towers.

Yes... I was thinking that as well!
DK
DanielK
A question for our insiders, if I watch GMB on ITV.com , I get the fallback loop. If I watch on ITV.com at 6 in the evening, I get ITV News London. Why is there a fallback loop on one but not the other?
AN
anoilyrag
A question for our insiders, if I watch GMB on ITV.com , I get the fallback loop. If I watch on ITV.com at 6 in the evening, I get ITV News London. Why is there a fallback loop on one but not the other?

During GMB the physical opt is performed with a button push, which opts the regional broadcasts in over GMB. The earlier recording is the programme pure, the later is off-air region specific.
TV
TV Archive

I bet he was tired after having to say every date in the year...

Newer posts