This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CG
Charlie Gough
Doctor Who Series 8: The first TV teaser trailer - BBC One

Stuart and oflahertya gave kudos

18 days later

CG
Charlie Gough
Peter Capaldi, Jenna Coleman & Steven Moffat will go on a global tour to launch Doctor Who Series 8.

Doctor Who: The World Tour will be visiting 7 cities across five continents in 12 days, where there will be fan events and media interviews.

The tour marks the largest ever promotional undertaking in Doctor Who’s 50-year history and will begin in Cardiff (UK), followed by London (UK), Seoul (South Korea), Sydney (Australia), New York (US), Mexico City (Mexico) and Rio de Janeiro (Brazil).

Peter Capaldi says: “It’s fantastic that so many people across the world love Doctor Who. After 8 months solid filming deep in the world of monsters, Jenna and I are thrilled to be heading for the Planet of Fans”.

Steven Moffat adds: “I've always thought we’d all be a lot safer if the Doctor conquered the world, instead of the Daleks. Now with Jenna and Peter leading the charge, it looks like it’s going to happen. I’ll be bringing up the rear to handle the exposition scenes, and maybe carry some bags.”

Doctor Who: The World Tour will begin in the UK on Thursday, 7th August and will finish in Brazil on Tuesday, 19th August.

Doctor Who Series 8 will air in August on BBC One in the UK, while BBC America in the US will broadcast on the same day.

DA
davidhorman
Is it wrong to be this excited by a video of a toy TARDIS being put on a map?
CG
Charlie Gough
Is it wrong to be this excited by a video of a toy TARDIS being put on a map?

Not at all. I am beyond excited about the World Tour, and of course, Peter Capaldi's first series as The Doctor.

August can't come soon enough!

18 days later

CG
Charlie Gough
Doctor Who Series 8 will land on Saturday, 23rd August 2014 on BBC One.

The first feature-length episode of the series, entitled ‘Deep Breath’ will see Peter Capaldi take on the role of the Twelfth Doctor, alongside Jenna Coleman as companion Clara Oswald.

A 15-second TV teaser showing a first-look glimpse of the new Doctor and Clara has also been released.

GM
gmb2014
Last edited by gmb2014 on 28 June 2014 3:09pm
JO
Jon
I wonder if its a coincidence that it begins on Saturday 23rd, or if it was specifically planned to be on the 50 years and 9 months anniversary......?

WHAT?
gmb2014, bilky asko and rob gave kudos
GM
gmb2014
Jon posted:
I wonder if its a coincidence that it begins on Saturday 23rd, or if it was specifically planned to be on the 50 years and 9 months anniversary......?

WHAT?

Doctor Who started on Saturday 23rd November 1963. If my calculations are correct, then the new series starts 50 years and 9 months later exactly.
JO
Jon
Doctor Who started on Saturday 23rd November 1963. If my calculations are correct, then the new series starts 50 years and 9 months later exactly.

SO? It's not really anniversary is it?
GM
gmb2014
Jon posted:

There's no need to be so rude about it.
I was simply pointing out the fact that it started out on that date, but obviously I forgot free speech was banned. Rolling Eyes
VM
VMPhil
I'll be honest, I thought Jon was referencing the Tenth Doctor when I read his post.
JO
Jon
Jon posted:

There's no need to be so rude about it.
I was simply pointing out the fact that it started out on that date, but obviously I forgot free speech was banned. Rolling Eyes

I wasn't being rude. I was just displaying my flabbergastedness.

Newer posts