TV Home Forum

STV Main Thread:

STV appeal, and Autumn pres is now in use (April 2014)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
There has been alot of talk injunction with the news STV could be on the cards to be getting a re-launch. Personnel I don't think this is on the cards, especial this side of the independence vote.

Has anyone seen or ask about this?
Last edited by A former member on 5 October 2018 9:57pm - 11 times in total
BB
BruceBBC
Well it seems to me they are. STV CEO Rob Woodward was quoted saying this in a Herald article published today.

"We have been holding off upgrading some of our broadcast equipment [as we were] waiting until the government confirmed our licence had been renewed. Off the back of that we have made a significant multi-million pounds investment in broadcasting technology, cameras and some new look sets in all our main locations.

Full article here:
http://www.heraldscotland.com/business/company-news/stv-boss-looks-ahead-to-start-of-city-service.24039255
Last edited by BruceBBC on 24 April 2014 11:41am
A former member
JA
JAS84
Sounds like new idents at least.
A former member
I hope were not heading back to something like this...

FA
fanoftv
I hope were not heading back to something like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM8GhYJIIRI

I thought that they were nice, simple arty idents with a simple logo, but then again I didn't have to see them before every programme.
A former member
I just think the current look has been STV strongest brands since the 90s on both stations.
FA
fanoftv
I just think the current look has been STV strongest brands since the 90s on both stations.

I'd agree with that. The logo has been simple, and effective, the ident idea and execution has been different and worked very well.
SC
scottishtv Founding member
If not a new look, they will at least need some additional idents and graphics etc for the launches of STV Glasgow and STV Edinburgh (the local TV stations).
BB
BruceBBC
I'll be happy with anything, just along as they don't replace the logo. I really like the current one.
GE
George12345
Could there be a chance that the new idents launch in time for the new look daytime schedule on Monday?
A former member
Are we sure these are for the main channel? And not the new ideats for the STV local channels?

Newer posts