TV Home Forum

The X Factor 2013

(July 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
If only the X factor had real drama like Sons and daughters Razz The real winner tonight will be BT Wink

I have to ask is Sharon really leaving or is this more made up speculation to get the the series back in the paper?
VM
VMPhil
Jon posted:

The itv of then would have never produced X factor

Variations on the theme have existed for a long time and if X Factor in it's current form had existed then and it proved popular it would have existed. When you compare ITV to 5 or so years ago, there is some real quality television. Some really respected dramas, lots of documentary and a good commitment to news. Yes it has it's populist reality shows but so does every other commercial broadcaster in the world and BBC One. When you consider it exists to make money, it's doing that and it's PSB commitments quite well at the moment and should be commended.

I think that this is something we tend to forget as we mostly group the ITV of 2002 and onwards into one collective, inferior ITV to what came before. Truth is, ITV today is producing much higher quality, and much more popular content than at its lows of 2006 and 2007. Is Downton Abbey for everyone? No, but it's popular, and more importantly is making an international impact, something that in the recent past only the BBC have managed to do well at.

ITV's programming may not be for everyone, even with the variety it now offers across its channels, but at least it still exists - providing competition - and even better; it's thriving.
:-(
A former member
When will the most interesting part appear? IE the voting numbers for each week.
JO
Jon
When will the most interesting part appear? IE the voting numbers for each week.

It's usually not long after the show.
VM
VMPhil
And the winner is

JO
Jon
Fixed that for you.
And the winner is

Sam Bailey

People who want to avoid the results of live events should avoid forums like this.
VM
VMPhil
Jon posted:
Fixed that for you.
And the winner is

Sam Bailey

People who want to avoid the results of live events should avoid forums like this.

I don't think they need to avoid the whole forum, but the new topic preview feature means that they would see the result even if they avoided reading this thread before watching the result.
JO
Jon
I agree but you've more or less gotta avoid the internet though to avoid something like an X Factor result.
BR
Brekkie
If only the X factor had real drama like Sons and daughters Razz The real winner tonight will be BT Wink

I have to ask is Sharon really leaving or is this more made up speculation to get the the series back in the paper?

Well with only "over a million" votes for the winner BT won't be getting much out of this compared to previous years. The full voting break down now released - basically flipped between Sam and Nicholas every week but with Sam winning the last few weeks.
http://xfactor.itv.com/2013/news/insider/read_revealed-voting-results-for-the-x-factor-series-10_item_100287.htm

At some point this series all 4 have said they're leaving but they're clearly only saying goodbye to Gary this weekend.
WH
Whataday Founding member

Well with only "over a million" votes for the winner BT won't be getting much out of this compared to previous years. The full voting break down now released - basically flipped between Sam and Nicholas every week but with Sam winning the last few weeks.
http://xfactor.itv.com/2013/news/insider/read_revealed-voting-results-for-the-x-factor-series-10_item_100287.htm

At some point this series all 4 have said they're leaving but they're clearly only saying goodbye to Gary this weekend.

Sharon has repeatedly said she's only back for one series, although I get the feeling they're hoping she will stay (I don't know why, it's done nothing for ratings and it wasn't until she left that The X Factor really made it big). Louis seems to leave or get sacked once a year, but I actually think it is time for him to call it a day this time. The same old cliches are really damaging the show's reputation.

Gary is boring, but last year was better as he was able to show his frustration against Rylan and other acts that weren't as good. This year, the overall vocal standard of singers has been a lot better, with no joke acts (apart from maybe Shelley, who could sing very well). This made the judge's comments bland and boring, and unfortunately many of the acts also seemed void of personality.

It also didn't help that Sam Bailey was the favourite from episode 1 of the whole series. In past years, the winner hasn't really come to the fore until at least half way through the live shows.

Coupled with some pretty poor guest artist bookings on the Sunday, there was nothing that made the series 'Must See TV'.
NU
The Nurse
For the final at Wembley, there was a rather nice camera in the roof that seemed to span the whole length of the auditorium - or at least from the very back of the stage to part way down the audience. I assumed at first it was on a rail but then I noticed later it was moving up and down too. At one point it was in shot on the stage.

Was the up / down movement facilitated via some sort of telescopic pole or was it on a wire? Gave some very nice shots anyway.
WA
watchingtv
Its probably one of those 'spider' cameras u get in aome football stadiums. It was discussed some time back on tvforum, if you can find it.

Newer posts