TV Home Forum

CBeebies HD/BBC Four HD

now testing on satellite (November 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BA
Bail Moderator
What extra things in the globe though? The text lines have always been there, in fact the titles will have been made in HD since day one, and certainty since the move to NBH anyway.
GR
gregmc
No refreshed titles, it's just the breakdown loop with different text.
AC
aconnell
I could be wrong, but everything bar the actual globe+graphics looks HD. The graphics don't have the sharpness they should do, surely. Just a very minor point, as you mention the quality of HD.
GM
Gary McEwan
I've been lucky to see BBC News HD since last week its definitely good its not the finest HD in the world but its better then the SD pixelvision, its a shame today its back to SD for one day, oh well.

Anyway looking at the loop suggusts me to see refreshed titles? there's extra things going on in that globe which suggusts this.

Yeah it looks slightly 'World'-ish. Surely they wouldn't have separate titles for their SD and HD services?
GR
gregmc
As I've just said, it's the breakdown loop that is used on News Channel and World, just with different text and a logo. Titles aren't changing.
ST
SillyTilly
Cbeebies HD have now got the off air message of "Cbeebies HD has gone to bed but we'll be back at 6:00am" up now.
CBBC still has the "New service launching soon" caption up
SC
scoobiesnack
I've been lucky to see BBC News HD since last week its definitely good its not the finest HD in the world but its better then the SD pixelvision, its a shame today its back to SD for one day, oh well.

Anyway looking at the loop suggusts me to see refreshed titles? there's extra things going on in that globe which suggusts this.

Do you know what bitrate it's using ?
GM
Gary McEwan
Subtitles are also now appearing on the caption loop on News HD.
HA
harshy Founding member

Do you know what bitrate it's using ?

7mbps average it varies from 4mbps to 14mbps.
HA
harshy Founding member
Bail posted:
What extra things in the globe though? The text lines have always been there, in fact the titles will have been made in HD since day one, and certainty since the move to NBH anyway.

I hope this illustrates what i mean

Has that always been there?
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Yes.
KN
knack
Didn't imagine back in March when BBC HD closed that we'd be in this position already. I'm looking forward to training/reminding the family to switch to the HD versions of all these new channels. Think I'm about there with BBC One HD!

BBC News HD boxed logo not great but I doubt it will appear on screen anyway(?)

Newer posts