The Newsroom

International News Presentation: Past and Present

(February 2007)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
VI
Viakenny

God, 2012? Looks like 1990.

Fortunately, they've launched a new look last May. (Though the current TVA logo was launched earlier, in December 2012.)

TVA Nouvelles (6pm edition), 2013

And yesterday's full-length 10pm edition: http://tvanouvelles.ca/video/nouvelles/bulletins-de-nouvelles/1316773736001
WW
WW Update
Two more clips from France's I-Télé...

The season premiere of I-Télé morning show:

A promo for the above:

WW
WW Update
Telemetro, Panama, 2013:

FO
fox1
RARE!: TVM Malta L-Ahbarijiet 1988

GI
ginnyfan
Update on TVE's daily morning/afternoon magazine show La Manana de La1. During the summer it was presented by Marilo Montero's substitute, the newsreader Ines Paz from Canary Island hotel/pool. Last Friday was the last day of this summer edition and it was revealed that the doctor who worked for the program and TVE for 15 years won't be returning in the new season. It seems that he was also surprised by this and got the news during the show which made him cry on air. It was an awkward and sad scene.

It was also Ines Paz's last day on the show.

New season started this week in a completely new set which is much bigger and situated at the same studio they used for the first few years (Estudio 1, Prado del Rey). They also have new music, graphics and many new contributors (doctor, showbiz reporter who replaced 2 previous etc). The focus is now even more on ''unsolved cases'' like missing people, murders etc. This will replace the political debate segment. Health, showbiz and kitchen segments are still there but there are no news updates at the top of the hour anymore. Marilo Montero is still at the front of the show, despite being ridiculed and hated by a lot of the public. Rolling Eyes (I love her Very Happy Cool ).

No YT videos yet so here's half of the Tuesday show from their web site.

http://www.rtve.es/alacarta/videos/la-manana/manana-27-08-13/2006731/
NY
NYTV
Telemetro, Panama, 2013:

I see someone has taken a page from Univision
WW
WW Update
@asnycBBC: My thoughts exactly!

fox1 posted:

[...]

And this is what TVM's L-Ahbarijiet looks like these days:

WW
WW Update
KNBC, Los Angeles; morning news, 1998:

WW
WW Update
fox1 posted:

[...]

And this is what TVM's L-Ahbarijiet looks like these days:

[...]

Speaking of beautiful islands in the Mediterranean, here's France 3's news for Corsica (beginning, as always, with a quick roundup of the national news):

WW
WW Update
From ZDF in Germany, a behind-the-scenes report aired before yesterday's debate for Germany's Chancellorship:

WH
whoiam989
TVA's drumbeat for transition is too long. They could go with that 7-beat one for the first one and 4 to 5 beats for next ones. Also, B minor bed into D major theme? Nah.

As for the TVM's news, they could end countdown exactly at 8 pm.
NG
noggin Founding member
From ZDF in Germany, a behind-the-scenes report aired before yesterday's debate for Germany's Chancellorship:

Still can't believe that VR look lasted more than a few weeks on Heute. It's absolutely hideous. Very clever, but just nasty to watch. (Particularly when you end up with nasty zooms and a moving VR background that doesn't make "sense".)

Makes you realise just how good ITN are with the current ITV News look.

Newer posts