TV Home Forum

New UKTV Channel "Drama"

Launch on July 8th. (May 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
I can't decide if the logo is intentionally similar to the Yesterday logo.
ST
Stuart
I can't decide if the logo is intentionally similar to the Yesterday logo.

I see your point, they are both just 3D styles of the initial letter of the channel name. Perhaps this is the way they're heading with a future re-brand?

http://i39.tinypic.com/11vkw29.jpg
WP
WillPS
oooooh! I really hope classic Doctor Who gets an outing on here; it's unbelievable that nobody shows it given the current series' continued popularity.
BA
bilky asko
oooooh! I really hope classic Doctor Who gets an outing on here; it's unbelievable that nobody shows it given the current series' continued popularity.

It isn't that long ago that one of the UKTV channels showed classic Doctor Who, is it - three years ago maybe?
WE
Westy2

It isn't that long ago that one of the UKTV channels showed classic Doctor Who, is it - three years ago maybe?

UK Drama wasnt it? They showed Tom Baker episodes.
ST
Stuart

That may, perhaps, make the rights to the classic series more expensive.
BA
bilky asko

UK Drama wasnt it? They showed Tom Baker episodes.

I think it was on UKTV Gold when I saw it.
WP
WillPS
The last time UKTV aired it was just before UKTV Drama became Alibi.

The last time classic series were aired (to my knowledge) was over the Easter weekend 2010 on the Sci-Fi Channel (just before it became SyFy). BBC Four occasionally aired them just before that.

UKTV Gold stopped airing them in 2007.
BE
benriggers
I hope Drama stick to their name status. When UKTV Drama was around and in their later years they just showed comedy during the day e.g. Keeping Up Appearances, Last of the Summer Wine.
BE
benriggers

I would love Drama to show 'Classic' Who too.
BA
bilky asko

The last time classic series were aired (to my knowledge) was over the Easter weekend 2010 on the Sci-Fi Channel (just before it became SyFy). BBC Four occasionally aired them just before that.

I probably watched it in 2007 then. I never saw it on UKTV Drama.
WP
WillPS

I probably watched it in 2007 then. I never saw it on UKTV Drama.

It only aired in January and February 2007, then once in March and once in April:
http://whogold.blogspot.com/2010/07/uk-gold-air-dates-1992-2007.html

Newer posts