LTSC1980

More info.....
http://brandingsource.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/new-look-sbs2.html?m=0

DR K has rebranded.......

And DR Ultra, replaced former DR Update
ST
steveboswell

And DR Ultra, replaced former DR Update

Looks like DR Ultra employs some of that technology that BBC Four and S4C had that matches the movement of the on-screen graphics to the continuity announcer's voice. Presumably it's not live on the children's channel, though.

9 days later

DB
dbl
France 4's current package looks really slick

BBC Entertainment Ident
Last edited by dbl on 20 April 2013 11:02am
TH
Thinker
A contemplative montage of clocks on Swedish television:

TM
tmorgan96
Two of the Nine Network's Odyssey promos from 2001, showcasing their Drama and Entertainment titles.

There were two other promos, showcasing Comedy and Sport.
Credit to Mediaspy's The Sifon.
BR
Brekkie
Not too different from the Seven "one to watch" promos airing around the same time.
HC
Hatton Cross
A contemplative montage of clocks on Swedish television:

What a facinating compalation. A nice bit of music, a simple caption, a clock overlay and some fish in a tank. Must have been a real disapointment when the actual programme started. Very Happy

Also gives the impression, that the Swedes weren't too keen on padding out the gaps between programmes with endless trailers or promos. Chuck a LP onto the turntable, and fade up the clock for a couple of minutes. Either that or it showed they were pretty awful at backtiming the programmes to the top of the hour given some of those clocks were at still at 2 mins to the hour!

Also, I suppose I could take to Wikipedia here, but someone here is bound to give a better answer.
I know SVT1 and 2 are the Swedish BBC One and Two - but what was UR, that was popping up during the 70's and 80's?
BR
Brekkie
So KFYR-TV got a new newsreader today. His first words on air were "**** ****". It was his last day in the job.

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2013-04-22/rookie-us-news-anchor-fired-on-first-day-of-job-for-swearing-live-on-air/
WW
WW Update
So KFYR-TV got a new newsreader today. His first words on air were "**** ****". It was his last day in the job.

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2013-04-22/rookie-us-news-anchor-fired-on-first-day-of-job-for-swearing-live-on-air/

AG
AxG
[quote="Hatton Cross" pid="874604"]

Also, I suppose I could take to Wikipedia here, but someone here is bound to give a better answer.
I know SVT1 and 2 are the Swedish BBC One and Two - but what was UR, that was popping up during the 70's and 80's?

Utbildningsradion (UR) - the Swedish Educational Broadcasting Company.

You could say it's their version of the Open University?
WW
WW Update

Also gives the impression, that the Swedes weren't too keen on padding out the gaps between programmes with endless trailers or promos.

SR/SVT enjoyed a monopoly at the time, so they had the luxury of not having to worry about promos.
TH
Thinker

What a facinating compalation. A nice bit of music, a simple caption, a clock overlay and some fish in a tank. Must have been a real disapointment when the actual programme started. Very Happy

Also gives the impression, that the Swedes weren't too keen on padding out the gaps between programmes with endless trailers or promos. Chuck a LP onto the turntable, and fade up the clock for a couple of minutes. Either that or it showed they were pretty awful at backtiming the programmes to the top of the hour given some of those clocks were at still at 2 mins to the hour!

From what I've seen on YouTube, there were also continuity announcers, slides and occasional promos in many primetime junctions, but they did apparently not feel compelled to fill out every gap. In the daytime it appears there was nothing but clocks, slides and test cards up until the late 80s.

UR is short for Utbildningsradion, a separate company for educational programmes broadcasting on slots allocated by SVT1 and 2. The UR clocks were the Swedish equivalent to the disappearing dots on BBC Schools.

There's plenty more clock action if you search for "TV1 klocka" or "TV2 klocka" on YouTube. This is a nice one:

Newer posts