The Newsroom

Granada Reports

From MediaCityUK (Split topic) (March 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
LO
Londoner
Shame the museum wasn't lit up but obviously they've not got any control over that!

In the past ITV got St Paul's Cathedral to turn their floodlights on to suit the transmission times for London Tonight.
CA
Cando
Shame the museum wasn't lit up but obviously they've not got any control over that!

In the past ITV got St Paul's Cathedral to turn their floodlights on to suit the transmission times for London Tonight.

They did it for Daybreak (1) too, not that it made much of a difference.
OV
Orry Verducci
The view (in theory) should be better on weekdays, I'm based in the same building on the floor below ITV and our evening view is usually lit up in an array of changing colours against the Imperial War Museum and The Lowry.
TV
TV Matters
The desk looks the wrong way round
DK
DanielK
Nice set! Only problem is that the desk is the wrong way round, unless they are going C4 style, and that they've went for that s#!* consumer high gloss slim bezel TV , rather than a purpose made broadcast display panel with no border whatsoever and no gloss!
JO
Jon
Nice set! Only problem is that the desk is the wrong way round, unless they are going C4 style, and that they've went for that s#!* consumer high gloss slim bezel TV , rather than a purpose made broadcast display panel with no border whatsoever and no gloss!

How did your recent foray into television news go, by the way?
DK
DanielK
Haha! Went good, the kids did most of the work, I was just there to set up, link in with the light and sound desk and get the mixer set up and ready.
BA
bilky asko

"Consumer" panels are the order of the day, I'm afraid - to be honest, it just looks like it's not been set up optimally. After all, such a set looks fine here:

http://bilky.info/bellringer/colin.png
It looks so good they're all laughing about it.
Last edited by bilky asko on 28 October 2013 7:44pm
SF
Selwyn Froggatt
The desk is the wrong way round, the window should be directly behind the presenter, but I guess there'd be too much reflection? It does seem very dark as well
JO
Jon
Haha! Went good, the kids did most of the work, I was just there to set up, link in with the light and sound desk and get the mixer set up and ready.

But how creative where the camera shots? How good where the sets and graphics?
DK
DanielK
I handed that over to the S1 pupils as I had an exam, they had walking and talking shots along with some panning shots but nothing too big! They utilised our main Social Area as our 'newsroom' and the stag as the studio with the sound desk and light rig. Nothing too creative but, creative enough at S1 level!
BB
BruceBBC

Newer posts